Gladiator Shocks x JLU x fox rear shocks

Stevenalton3

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 1991 Dodge Stealth
Okay so I was doing some research and some thinking. Usually not a good thing lol. But I was thinking,

the gladiator rear fox shocks are apparently super floaty and require a little hack job to fit them in. So what if I got the front shocks from a gladiator rubicon, the springs from a JLUR, and 2.0 Fox shocks for 0-2”. What are you guys thoughts on that or would it simply not be worth it to go through all that and just get either gladiator lift on JLU or keep it even simpler with a JLUR all the way around. Heard u can get a little more clearance from gladiator however
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Well, the JT Shocks will fit a JL if you change the bushing in the rear shocks, no hacking involved, they are quite a bit softer. the JT rear springs will not fit a JL as the rear suspension is completely different. I have a set of the 2.0 Fox IFP's on my JLU Sport and they work great. JLU Rubicon take-off's are a good, cheap upgrade for a Sport or Sahara.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is a great chart but this has not been my with the Gladiator shocks. The fronts are the same length compressed and extended. The rears are a little shorter stroke but the compressed length is the same so you lose a little down travel. The Gladiator shocks are on my Wife's Rubicon and are great for a daily driver.
Gregj

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
My set up is gladiator rubi shocks in front and fox 2.0 in rear on my stock Willy’s springs. Love the ride. Rear gladiator shocks didn’t not work.. the bushing when switched still didn’t fit right. That’s why I went to 2.0 in the rear.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stevenalton3

Stevenalton3

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 1991 Dodge Stealth
My set up is gladiator rubi shocks in front and fox 2.0 in rear on my stock Willy’s springs. Love the ride. Rear gladiator shocks didn’t not work.. the bushing when switched still didn’t fit right. That’s why I went to 2.0 in the rear.
That’s exactly what I was saying if it was a good idea. How does ur ride compared to original willys suspension. I’m super curious about this. I’m guessing you kept the same springs

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the lower bushing mentioned in the other thread is not the right size, it is too small and is loose in the eye of the shock. My solution was to use the M14 bolt from the Gladiator instead of the M13 from the JL. I just had to lightly ream out the lower bolt hole on the axle.
Gregj

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
That’s exactly what I was saying if it was a good idea. How does ur ride compared to original willys suspension. I’m super curious about this. I’m guessing you kept the same springs
I love the ride of the fox shocks compared to the rubi shocks I had. Yes I have stock springs. Will be lifting soon tho!

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Most JT owners will be selling the Rubi take offs as a set, 4 shocks and 4 springs, for around 250-300, and really have no motivation to separate it out (JT Sport and Overland owners line up for these take offs, me included LOL). In your case, you'd only be keeping the front shocks, tossing the springs and rear shocks. Kind of a waste. I'd look for Rubi JL springs, and just put the money into the front 2.0s to match the rears, be done with it. You'll need Rubi Springs and those rear 2.0s anyway, so the money you'd look to put into the gladi take offs, just put towards the 2.0s for the front.
Sponsored