Gladiator Front Camera

HighDeaf1080p

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2dr Sting Gray
I noted that the gladiator lists a front camera as well as the rear camera in its specs...I'm surely hoping that whole system with wiring, mounting, and everything will just be a straight plug and play on our Wranglers. I'm assuming the 2020 Wrangler will also have the front camera, at least as an option? Anyone have any details?
Sponsored

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Saw this as well and definitely want! Hope it is backwards compatible with our 2018's. Can't imagine they would pass up the chance to sell more parts?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I've already set my sights on it. I'm also sure it will become available to the Jeep Wranglers, just don't know what it will cost.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Question is whether or not the software to support it will be available to our units, and if there were any hardware revisions or wiring harness changes necessary as well.

Sponsored

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I too am wondering how they did the front camera and if we can do that on 2019 JL. Obviously they did not use Tazer, so there is they likely modified uconnect maybe? a software upgrade for uconnect? Did they use the cargo camera port or is that still open on the gladiator? Hopefully someone figures it out and comes to market with a solution if Mopar does not offer it for us.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Again, a tazer dependent solution. Hopefully someone gets us a plug in kit to work like the gladiator without messing with factory programming like a tazer does.
The Tazer doesn't "mess with factory programming". It simply turns options on and off and you aren't going to get a camera to work with the factory system without enabling the cargo camera input in the vehicle settings, you do realize?
Sponsored