Gladiator front camera on JL?

ScubaSigGuy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlUR, 2018 Raptor, 2018 GT350R, 2015 BMW 1200GS Adventure
Has anyone had a chance to look into adding the Gladiator front camera to their JL?
Sponsored

Jas0n

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Y
Has anyone had a chance to look into adding the Gladiator front camera to their JL?
You can do it if you have an 8.4 Uconnect and have a tazer. Just check out z automotive. They also sell the camera. There’s a few threads on here about it as well.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Y

You can do it if you have an 8.4 Uconnect and have a tazer. Just check out z automotive. They also sell the camera. There’s a few threads on here about it as well.
This is correct but my understanding is that the Tazer camera won’t show the site lines for lining up your front tires.

Salvajav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 doors Moab Edition, 2” Mopar lift, 35”tires, One touch Sky power top, Gladiator front camera.
Good morning,

I already install the Gladiator front camera in my JL last Friday, and activate the cam with the Tazer for the Uconnect 8.4.
It’s awesome but the image quality its just ok compare with the rear camera. Also no guide lines in the front camera.
Here are some pictures ;-)

Have a great rest of the weekend!

33164AAB-D0AD-4649-B44F-D7C28F7C4EFA.jpeg

45AEEA42-424C-466E-BE1D-AE2CED0989E2.jpeg

5F3663D4-10BD-4D09-8478-EF71C6440660.jpeg

F16EF4DB-37FE-4F51-B99D-A13396724E9A.jpeg

Last edited:

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
I’m hoping Mopar will just release a kit for the 8.4 with a flash update to tie it all together. I’ve poked around a bit for info on this but partly haven’t been that diligent and also didn’t find any promising leads so far.

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t looked into this yet but couldn’t another rear camera for the front be used for better resolution.

Jas0n

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I haven’t looked into this yet but couldn’t another rear camera for the front be used for better resolution.
I don’t believe there is an HD input in the 8.4. I think that’s where the resolution issues are coming from.

sticker500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I don’t believe there is an HD input in the 8.4. I think that’s where the resolution issues are coming from.
That's correct, and they have transitioned to a CVPM (camera video processing module) which handles the cameras, guidelines, etc. RAM 1500 has same platform which supports 360 cameras etc. Not saying it's the same module just how they got around the lack of HD input on the screen.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried the Lockpick Air HD V2 from coastaletech?
It’s a bit pricey but will unlock many features to the 8.4 and will enable you to run multi cameras.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Interesting thought. I ran a lock pic on my 08 jkur with 2 forward. Cameras one at each wheel and a back up camera I just bought a tazer for the jlur

I wonder if the lockpic and the tazer could be run at the same time locpic connects to the back of the head unit tazer to the obd port. Hmm. Do that then take it to the dealer for laughs. Yeah my wife says I am a sick too. Still the possibilities?

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Would it be possible to use something like a 2 way RCA switch wired to the aux buttons to active, should you want to pop on the front camera?

Something like this.
https://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/avs210.html

Power the front camera 12v with the Aux button. When you turn it on, then it will automatically switch to that input and would be HD like the back camera since it uses the same input.

TxHCJeep

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Gardener
I have an unbelieveably great camera system on my F350 4x4 4door long bed - have been spoiled with how it helps with manuvering in tight areas... curious uf u have installed this and how well is it working with good quality? I really want put cameras on my jeep.... the benifits of me seeing what im driving over vs. a spotter directing is huge.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I have an unbelieveably great camera system on my F350 4x4 4door long bed - have been spoiled with how it helps with manuvering in tight areas... curious uf u have installed this and how well is it working with good quality? I really want put cameras on my jeep.... the benifits of me seeing what im driving over vs. a spotter directing is huge.
What system do you have on your truck? I just bought a long bed crew cab Ram. It has a rear view camera but it doesn’t work well and I’d love to have better coverage. It’s like driving a bus.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What would be really cool would be to have a kit for the Gladiator camera and the cleaning mechanism that we could just install in the JLs. I haven't seen anyone mention it, but when you use the front camera in the Gladiator, there's a button on the screen that says 'clean'. When you push it, it sprays the camera with washer fluid. Coolest thing I've seen in a long time
Sponsored