Sponsored

Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR?

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Anyone tried running Gladiator take-off Fox shocks on a JLUR? I'm assuming there should be plenty of them floating around now that the Gladiator has been out a while and lift kits are going on.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
OP
OP
Toycrusher

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The rear suspension is completely different. Let alone the rear shocks are valved for a truck.
A damper doesn't particularly know or care what the suspension design is. It simply resists movement. Valving is key to performance but stock valving goes out the window when you change sprung and unsprung weight anyway. If compressed and extended lengths and/or mounts are different, then no, the rear would not work. But I "assume" the front shocks wouldn't be terribly different provided they came off a gas powered Gladiator. Would they not be an upgrade over stock Rubicon front shocks?

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
A damper doesn't particularly know or care what the suspension design is. It simply resists movement. Valving is key to performance but stock valving goes out the window when you change sprung and unsprung weight anyway. If compressed and extended lengths and/or mounts are different, then no, the rear would not work. But I "assume" the front shocks wouldn't be terribly different provided they came off a gas powered Gladiator. Would they not be an upgrade over stock Rubicon front shocks?
I don't think they'd be enough of an upgrade to be worth the effort. The rear shocks won't work.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Here's an image for comparison. The front shocks are identical and will bolt right up. The rear shocks would need a spacer at the top but should bolt right up if you get a little crafty.

I have a JLUR and a Gladiator Rubicon...the back shocks on the Gladiators are VERY soft. Its like an old busted Cadillac rolling down the highway. They'd probably be pretty sweet in a stock JL. LOL

Marcus

IMG_2302.jpeg

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Here's an image for comparison. The front shocks are identical and will bolt right up. The rear shocks would need a spacer at the top but should bolt right up if you get a little crafty.

I have a JLUR and a Gladiator Rubicon...the back shocks on the Gladiators are VERY soft. Its like an old busted Cadillac rolling down the highway. They'd probably be pretty sweet in a stock JL. LOL

Marcus

IMG_2302.jpeg
That’s awesome man Marcus!
This is just the kind of photo I’m looking for!
Thanks a bunch!
@blnewt you might be interested to see this.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
You're welcome! Glad I could help!

Marcus

OP
OP
Toycrusher

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Marcus

IMG_2302.jpeg
Awesome thank you! Now commenting additionally coming from a place of ignorance...

Are the Gladiator Fox shocks any different in construction than the stock JLUR shocks? I mistakenly assumed they were remote reservoir like what's on the TRD Pro or older Raptors. From the pic, they kinda look like they might have just paid royalty to Fox to borrow the name...

Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The Fox shocks have aluminum bodies and larger shock shafts. They are definitely a nicer and higher quality shock than the Rubicon shocks.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
That’s awesome man Marcus!
This is just the kind of photo I’m looking for!
Thanks a bunch!
@blnewt you might be interested to see this.
Now I'm interested to see someone do this! Seeing them side by side, it seems like a set of spacers for the rear top mounting location and you would be in luck. I have seen a few of these for sale for cheap, may be a good solution for someone wanting to add a better set of shocks without going broke.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I will be doing it soon:)

Just got my JT fox shocks. By hand test, they are way softer then the JL shock. This has me worried a little bit.

OP
OP
Toycrusher

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I will be doing it soon:)

Just got my JT fox shocks. By hand test, they are way softer then the JL shock. This has me worried a little bit.
We're all anxiously waiting to hear some results ;)
Sponsored