Gladiator axles in JL?

Kbach

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU
So I thought I read somewhere that the gladiators equipped with the “max tow” package had thicker wall axle tubes than the standard rubicon axles. Only the RR?, both?

I’ll be honest, I haven’t put a lot of thought into it, looked at pictures of either/both axles at the same time but what are the chances the coil perch and control arm mounts are the same/similar so you could swap in the thicker walled axle? I know....probably about 1% chance but figured I’d look into it.

Worst case weld on some perches and control arm mounts....

Thoughts?

Advertisement

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
So I thought I read somewhere that the gladiators equipped with the “max tow” package had thicker wall axle tubes than the standard rubicon axles. Only the RR?, both?

I’ll be honest, I haven’t put a lot of thought into it, looked at pictures of either/both axles at the same time but what are the chances the coil perch and control arm mounts are the same/similar so you could swap in the thicker walled axle? I know....probably about 1% chance but figured I’d look into it.

Worst case weld on some perches and control arm mounts....

Thoughts?
0% chance.
Gladiator uses 5 link rear suspension

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
0% chance.
Gladiator uses 5 link rear suspension
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but would the front still work? The rear I get as the suspension layout is different. But the front end geometry should be identical, correct?

Advertisement

Done Right LED

Advertisement