Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
20210525_211140.jpg

My fenders have the texture of a golf ball from dirt/gravel roads. The sides are scraped from brush and tree branches. They're beautiful to behold.
Now THAT is a fender that adds character!
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
You need to make up a better story than the truth. Something along the lines of “I Bear..ly got away!” would do nicely.

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Unless you don’t have a Rubicon you won’t gain clearance - you’ll loose it.

You will be hard pressed to find one that actually looks better than OEM with a high line chop kit.

I’ve only sold my stock rubicon flares, bought and installed Nemesis flares (realized what I just told you) and then had to take them back off and sell at a fucking massive loss re buy stock Rubicon flares from someone else, that were in worse condition than the ones I sold; for more money than I sold mine for.

Now isn’t that a bitch
JLUR... well dang dude, way to kill all of my hopes and dreams about replacing those funky OEM fenders.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
JLUR... well dang dude, way to kill all of my hopes and dreams about replacing those funky OEM fenders.
I just saved you thousands of dollars that would’ve been wasted, your welcome... lol

Besides the stock fenders are only fugly until you chop them IMHO.

I have the Quake LED kit myself...

Jeep Wrangler JL Glad I got the black plastic wheel Fenders 1497B3DB-F37D-4232-ABD6-7C60DD5DAC7E
Jeep Wrangler JL Glad I got the black plastic wheel Fenders 1DF1C1E1-8A5B-4BC3-92A1-5A1FF504D3AE

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker

Sponsored

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Though some JL's have aftermarket metal fenders installed, most folks do not recommend metal fenders on JL's that go wheeling. Earlier Jeeps (e.g., JK's) have thicker metal behind the fenders and metal fenders were OK. On the JL's, the body metal that supports the plastic fender is thinner.

The thought is that if a person has metal fenders on a JL, one may serious damage the metal of JL's body. Therefore, it is better to have the fender come off on a JL during a hard impact when wheeling. This is why a lot of folks who install bigger tires and wheel their JL gut the stock fenders and install aftermarket turn signal lights, as shown below :

Jeep Wrangler JL Glad I got the black plastic wheel Fenders trim.2A6FEC02-A1C7-4AFF-8470-2B01365FEBEF.MOV

In the LiteBrite videos, one can see where they have hit something and ripped off a fender a few times, as show below:

Jeep Wrangler JL Glad I got the black plastic wheel Fenders trim.2A6FEC02-A1C7-4AFF-8470-2B01365FEBEF.MOV

They were able to straighten out the plastic fender and put it back on their JL.
Interesting - never knew that about the JL. I'm from the old school of thoughts and Jeeps. Thanks for the info!

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I sadly have to park in the street overnight due to a dumpster hanging out in my driveway blocking my garage for the new roof being thrown on tomorrow. In the process I had to pull past the mailboxes in the street to get out of the way for the guy backing the dumpster into the driveway.

I couldn't help but think of this thread while doing that even though I have painted fenders that are protected by plastic protective film. That film wouldn't be any match for the mailbox if it decided to get too close.

I was relieved when I finally backed past the mailboxes and didn't hear any scrapping noise or see any plastic pieces flying past the passenger window. Maybe this thread made me be much more cautious than I normally would have?

Mailbox.jpg

MorningStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I will be replacing the OEM fenders on my 2020 JLU sport this weekend if you’re interested and they’ll work for your Jeep. I’m in Lansing, MI. Free to a good home!

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I will be replacing the OEM fenders on my 2020 JLU sport this weekend if you’re interested and they’ll work for your Jeep. I’m in Lansing, MI. Free to a good home!
Not worth messing with swapping out fenders it for a small scuff, but thanks for the offer.

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I just saved you thousands of dollars that would’ve been wasted, your welcome... lol

Besides the stock fenders are only fugly until you chop them IMHO.

I have the Quake LED kit myself...

Jeep Wrangler JL Glad I got the black plastic wheel Fenders Mailbox
Jeep Wrangler JL Glad I got the black plastic wheel Fenders Mailbox
Having fenders cut back like that would prevent accidental mailbox or drive through scrapes but I would think you would get lots of rocks and mud on the the side of you jeep kicked up by the front tires.

I installed front mud flaps because a short drive down a wet gravel road would throw up mud to my front door handles. Now mud on the side of my Jeep is kept at reasonable levels.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Having fenders cut back like that would prevent accidental mailbox or drive through scrapes but I would think you would get lots of rocks and mud on the the side of you jeep kicked up by the front tires.

I installed front mud flaps because a short drive down a wet gravel road would throw up mud to my front door handles. Now mud on the side of my Jeep is kept at reasonable levels.
You're not cutting the fenders back at all. You are removing the lined to open up more tire clearance so you won't rub at full stuff.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker

What @mgroeger said above ^^^^^

My wheels just stick out a lot because I have 3.5” backspace wheels.

So I don’t scrape fenders - I just run shit over and dominate with the 40’s :devil:

JohnQSr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojito Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2 Dr.
Occupation
Retired Navy, Public Safety
I would much rather have that that on a plastic fender then a deep scratch on a metal painted fender. I see I can buy a new one for $170. But was just wondering if there was a trick to cleaning these scratches up a bit.

I imagine for those who off road get their fenders messed up all the time. Heck, mine got battle scars from getting the mail.
Think of it as a war wound. Make up your own story. Keep having fun

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
LOL, everyone watch out for those mailboxes that jump out at you! Thank goodness I can drive and they haven't ruined my painted fenders! Still happy with my choice to go painted....

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
I use Magic tire black on the plastic on my Jeeps it hides some of the scuffs and helps protect the plastic too. Dang it reminds me I need to do all of them again.
Sponsored