Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Anytime I read anything about oil changes and dealerships on this forum it just reinforces my belief in doing ALL my own maintenance.
I've shared that sentiment my whole life. One and only time I've let someone touch any of my vehicles, shy of an inspection sticker, was getting the steering box tsb done a couple months back. Even then, if it wasn't for the associated software update, I would've preferred to buy the parts and do it myself. Heres the view that I didn't leave for the 3.5 hrs it took.
Jeep Wrangler JL Giving your baby to the dealer 20201009_083109
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jamied

Jamied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Guess I'm not the only one standing by the window looking in......3.5 hrs, that's painful for an hour and a half job. How do techs make money. When I worked at a motorcycle dealer I would have starved with that kind of productivity.

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
If your a do it yourself kinda guy save your money and build a tall garage with a hoist you will thank yourself the rest of your life. Its a one-time purchase and it makes routine maintenance fun. I haven't been to a dealer oil change in over 30 years.
Sponsored