Sponsored

Giveaway of the Month - March 2019 -- JL Wrangler Overland Front Tube Fenders

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
CONGRATULATIONS to @Bilymac for being randomly selected as the winner of the March 2019 Giveaway of the Month, a set of Overland Front Fenders for the JL Wrangler!

Stay tuned for the April Giveaway of the Month...
Sweet.......I work down the street from you guys, so I'll stop by.

Thank you for the opportunity @Metalcloak!

Chelton

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner 2018 Jeep jl ,
Need the room for full flex and they look bada$$.

F0FF4B10-FBA8-4B58-A7F4-38B82EDC44F2.jpeg

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
In dire need of parts

IMG_20190219_164330040.jpg

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Need the room for full flex and they look bada$$.

F0FF4B10-FBA8-4B58-A7F4-38B82EDC44F2.jpeg
Sweet looking Sahara, the Mrs. has a black one. We did a 2.5" spacer lift and Rubi rims/tries. Looks like you are running 37s, did you beef up your rear axle shafts? Re-gear? Are you off roading it hard at all? The only reason I ask is we do off road hard and Dana/Spycer is saying that 35s on road OK, off road only light use or you risk snapping an axle, 37s heck no.
This means for her to go to 37s we are looking at a re-gear, shafts and will be adding a locker in there while we are at it.

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Sweet looking Sahara, the Mrs. has a black one. We did a 2.5" spacer lift and Rubi rims/tries. Looks like you are running 37s, did you beef up your rear axle shafts? Re-gear? Are you off roading it hard at all? The only reason I ask is we do off road hard and Dana/Spycer is saying that 35s on road OK, off road only light use or you risk snapping an axle, 37s heck no.
This means for her to go to 37s we are looking at a re-gear, shafts and will be adding a locker in there while we are at it.
Not to side track the discussion or your question, but have you found Dana M186/M200 axle shafts???

I’d like to upgrade mine for piece of mind when I move from 33s to 35s next year but so far I’m not seeing much available

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Cool! Are you just upgrading the rear shafts? Have something else in mind for the front?
I think we have now officially hi-jacked this thread... lol.
Since we aren't going to put a locker up there I think we will be OK with the factory shafts. They have been made more solid vs. the previous generation of D30s.
I haven't heard of people beefing them up without a locker and it appears they don't have shafts out there yet for them.

Hindsight is 20/20 and had we known how hard we'd run this (heading to MOAB and three weeks) we would have gotten a Rubi.

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we have now officially hi-jacked this thread... lol.
Since we aren't going to put a locker up there I think we will be OK with the factory shafts. They have been made more solid vs. the previous generation of D30s.
I haven't heard of people beefing them up without a locker and it appears they don't have shafts out there yet for them.

Hindsight is 20/20 and had we known how hard we'd run this (heading to MOAB and three weeks) we would have gotten a Rubi.
Well no that it’s a official, I’ll ask another question :)

In your experience then so far, would you feel confident in running 35s in stock axles without a locker (front or rear).

I ask because my 33s are actually very heavy and going to 35s would *only* add 8lbs per tire.. doesn’t sound like a lot to me and I don’t plan on adding lockers right now so...

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well no that it’s a official, I’ll ask another question :)

In your experience then so far, would you feel confident in running 35s in stock axles without a locker (front or rear).

I ask because my 33s are actually very heavy and going to 35s would *only* add 8lbs per tire.. doesn’t sound like a lot to me and I don’t plan on adding lockers right now so...
Another guy on the forum actually called Dana/Spycer and asked them about this. They said 35s are OK on the M200 for on road and light off road use but NO LOCKER.
So I'd say if you stay off the skinny pedal while off roading and don't bounce the rear you'd probably be OK but if you are doing some good rock crawling and challenging trails it might be a roll of the dice.
Plenty of guys used to run the old D35s with 35s without problems as long as they were light on the pedal and smart about it. Some even did some good crawling but the second the one guy threw a locker on it... within a few months he snapped it.
It's not just weight, it's diameter and inertia that play a role as well.

Priscilla

First Name
Priscilla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL unlimited
Congratulations to @[B][URL='https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/members/cm%E2%9B%B0.14110/']CMâ›°[/URL][/B] for winning JL Wrangler Rocker Rails for the February 2019 Giveaway!

Time to do it again!

As a way of saying Thank You we are continuing our new JL Wrangler Forums tradition... each Month we giveaway one product for the JL Wrangler. It could be a full suspension system, a set of shocks, skid plates, Overland fenders, center seat support, whatever... each month it will be different.

To enter, all you have to do is the following:

1A - Click on this link to join our email list.
1B - If you are already on our email list, share this link to your favorite social media site.
2 - Post below a pic of your JL and why you want this month's product.

We will RANDOMLY choose a winner each month and post here.

This month's prize is the JL Wrangler Front Overland Fenders

6200-Smug-Mug-9-L.jpg

6200-Smug-Mug-12-L.jpg

I would love these for my new Jl. ❤❤

F4EB5182-DD84-409F-A876-E85015078D67.png
Sponsored