Sponsored

Ginell, comforser and other Chinese offbrand tires, are they any good for the price? Looking for m/t, offroad and daily driving use

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
Hey guys, looking for some new tires, currently running stock dueler HT tires just under 33 inches, I use the jlu as an DD and with some offroad in the mix. One tire I noticed a slash in the side wall goes probably 3mm down. Now thinking I need to replace these tires. Right now I cannot afford name brand tires as in Canada they go for 300 plus, however notice that we get a lot of Chinese of brands and can get 33s for about 200 and under a tire.

I'm looking at possibility of mt tires however open to at too.

So in dating that what are your experiences with the Chinese of brands, would you get them, how were they on and off the road. Would you get them again or pick them up if you were in a pinch?

Thanks
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

ive tired a few off brand MT/AT. Louder/ easy to puncture and mileage wears quick. might was well save an extra few weeks and get a good brand. i had over 60K miles on my falken wild peak AT's great tire for the price. i would use those again. my next tire on my jeep with be Patagonia Mt's love the look and they have great reviews

OP
OP

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
Ouch haha, Canada set of 5 ko2 in 33s can be close to 2k. We get royally screwed up here

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Ouch haha, Canada set of 5 ko2 in 33s can be close to 2k. We get royally screwed up here
ouch. i jsut put 33" pats on my mums JKU willys for 700 installed USD or roughtly 950 CAD. or 210 a tire. CAD

Sponsored

OP
OP

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
ouch. i jsut put 33" pats on my mums JKU willys for 700 installed USD or roughtly 950 CAD. or 210 a tire. CAD
I think this is why we have a larger market for these Chinese tires up here, of course can't trust any of the reviews because they are all positive. Canada blows at times

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I dont know about Chinese M/T"s But i hear that the Chinese tires they use on RV's Suck and Blow out alot

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Shoes. Tires. Mattresses.

Always spend good money on the things that keep you off the ground.

Politics of boycotting China where possible aside, I have serious reservations about Chinese tire quality and the impacts that can have on my vehicle and my safety. A blown tire on the highway can roll your rig.

A car-nut friend once pointed me towards a tire shop in Quebec that ships for cheap and has waaaay better prices than like Canadian Tire etc.

Quattro tire sounds familiar. It might have been them.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Chinese tyres are cheap but you’ll be replacing them more often. Don’t scrimp on critical stuff like tyres. Would you buy cheap brake components?

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Well how about taking a nice weekend trip down to the great US of A and spending a little of that Canadian money here for cheaper prices on tires? However you may need to find a tire dealer that takes that northern money. Do you really call them "loonies"?

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Well how about taking a nice weekend trip down to the great US of A and spending a little of that Canadian money here for cheaper prices on tires?
This is really good advice! @dajaga

As of now, $1 CAD equals $0.74 USD. For 33 inch tires:

Falcons will cost, on average, $236.99/each in USD

BFG TA KO 2’s, will cost on average, $262.99/each in USD

(There is a $30 handling fee that is factored into the prices above)

Buying on this side of the border means you lose 26% of your money in the conversation. Is it worth it to you to buy here? I’ve no idea what these same models cost over where you’re at.

As other have mentioned, don’t shortcut your tires. Avoid the Chinese knock off brands if possible.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Tires, shoes and mattresses as noted above. You could also buy a set of used tires as well. I see lots of people selling their take off tires right after they buy their jeep.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

id buy korean or tawaiin before china. literally from anywhere else..

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I dont know about Chinese M/T"s But i hear that the Chinese tires they use on RV's Suck and Blow out alot
Ya, they call l them China Bombs. Had one let loose on my travel trailer once. The tread came off like it was a recap.
Sponsored