Sponsored

Gibson or Magnaflow axle back exhaust?

sundevil827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
This is the one I've been looking at. Would you say its reasonably loud inside on highway?

I don't think so, but I'm probably not the one to properly answer the question because I've also got a ProCharger, and that's the noise that I hear more on the highway. The exhaust I feel like I hear loudest at at start-up, but from there, not an issue at all.

That's start-up....personally thought I'd suspect if you just had the exhaust it would be noticeable, but not extreme.
Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Gibson customer service sucks. Product failed within warranty period and they offered me 20% off to buy a new one. LOL
Can you let us know what failed?

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
just thought I'd share Northridge emailed me the MF in black is on sale. If you use code jlwranglerforum u save $83.89 and you get a $250.00 Northridge gift card!! Its out of stock but I spoke with them and it's 3 weeks till ship. I'm pulling the trigger!

you get the system for $311.44!!

IMG_0472.jpg

Last edited:

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Nice deal on the magnaflow. I did just got the Gibson stainless performance single exit exhaust from Jegs. They had it on sale and $20 of $200 so I ended up paying $375. Just installed it today and it sounds great. Really not much loader than stock which is what I wanted. I really just wanted to get rid of the ugly muffler in the back, add a nice tip and have a little deeper sound. I got all of that.

Sponsored

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Hmm, I think the Gibson sounds better than the Magnaflow but I like the way the Magnaflow looks better.

Not a fan of having the exhaust tip stick out as much as the Gibson does.
you can move the tip back if you want. doesnt have to stick all the way out. i put the single exit on mine and i love it. i tucked the tip back in. first i wasnt sure about the 45 angle like that. grown on me now. not too loud and not too quiet. i get alot of people compliment the way it sounds when i pull up somewhere or what not. i love mine and dont regret getting it @Ruby Jack

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I’m wanting an exhaust but not for sound. I want try and free up a little space where stock muffler is for my VIAIR Air tank. Any recommendations?

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Magnaflow! In my opinion the best sound note for a soft top or daily driver. Also easy install. My daughter and myself did both the exhaust and cold air intake. Took maybe an hr for the installs.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
you can move the tip back if you want. doesnt have to stick all the way out. i put the single exit on mine and i love it. i tucked the tip back in. first i wasnt sure about the 45 angle like that. grown on me now. not too loud and not too quiet. i get alot of people compliment the way it sounds when i pull up somewhere or what not. i love mine and dont regret getting it @Ruby Jack
Can you post a pic of what you did?

Sponsored

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
just thought I'd share Northridge emailed me the MF in black is on sale. If you use code jlwranglerforum u save $83.89 and you get a $250.00 Northridge gift card!! Its out of stock but I spoke with them and it's 3 weeks till ship. I'm pulling the trigger!

you get the system for $311.44!!

IMG_0472.jpg
great deal. The 250 is not available any longer on this. the jlwranglerforum discount is a nice touch though. I'll wait and see if the 250 gift card comes back....great post!

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up a Gibson 617307 and that was a simple install. 45 minutes from start to finish without raising the Jeep or using jack stands. Granted my JLU is only 2 months old so removing the exhaust wasn't bad plus I was able to pull the hangers off by hand though it did take some WD40 to get them on the Gibson exhaust.

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited sport, 1978 Jeep CJ7
Ordered a Magnaflow from Northridge on 7/ 11 for a 2019 JLU sport. It said it was on back order and would ship direct from factory in about 30 days. Northridge did have the $250 gift card promo available and I received it. Got the muffler yesterday 8/6. Doesn't fit. The pipe that slips over the factory pipe is too small in diameter. I had read that this was a problem last year but they had fixed it. Nope. Spent 2 hours trying to install. Broke my pipe expander trying to get it to work. Ran out of time and had to put stock exhaust back on so my son could use the jeep while his car's in shop. Not sure if I'll take to muffler shop to get it expanded or just send it back. Wasn't happy wasting my time on something that was supposed to be a easy install. Will post update when I get Jeep back and decide what I'm doing.
Sponsored