First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler jl rubicon
Occupation
Business owner
little too loud. I ordered magnaflow catback. I think it's right in the middle when it comes to sound.
Sponsored

Tavox

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
What is everyone’s opinion on this one from Gibson? Too loud?

Ok, I pulled the trigger on this one! Coming in on Friday. Couldn’t decide for the past 2 months between Magnaflow, Flowmaster, or Gibson even after watching a ton of videos. Went with my gut. Lol

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Hmm, I think the Gibson sounds better than the Magnaflow but I like the way the Magnaflow looks better.

Not a fan of having the exhaust tip stick out as much as the Gibson does.

DanPop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited Sport S
Does anyone know for sure that the JK axle back will or will not fit a JL?

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
@DanPop, on the Maganflow axle-back mufflers, the JK exhaust will not fit the JL. The hangers and connecting/collecting pipe are in entirely different areas.

Sponsored

Coolatc

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
I purchased the Magnaflow axle back exhaust for my 2018 Wrangler JL. The removal of my stock system was very straight forward, about 15 minutes. When I tried to mount the new Magnaflow unit, the pipe that was supposed to slide over my stock pipe was too small. I could not get it to go on more than 1/4" or so. I wrestled with it for half an hour just to make sure. I was very upset because the Youtube videos and install instructions say nothing about this fit issue. I ended up driving to my nearest Orielly Auto parts store to rent an exhaust expander tool. When I got back to my garage I had to try several times with the expander tool to get the Magnaflow unit to slide over my OEM pipe. Fortunately I had an air power impact wrench as trying to use the expander tool with hand tools would be near impossible. After the 3rd try, the Magnaflo finally fit over the OEM pipe and everything else fit perfectly. I ended up removing the passenger side rubber mount bracket to make the install easier. If the Magnaflow would have slipped over the stock tail pipe, the install would have been 20 minutes. After this debacle the unit really does look nice and gives the Jeep a nice exhaust tone with little to no drone in the cab. Magnaflow needs to recall this model and correct it as someone with basic tools will really struggle with getting that pipe expanded.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Trying to decide between the two if anyone has any sound clips or pictures of them installed i would like see. Thanks you!
If you don't want drone, stick to the stock exhaust. If you want sound, the Pentastar makes glorious induction music as soon as you put a simple intake and it's not even an hour's work. It's plenty loud too and not annoying like the fart can exhaust mods you're talking about.

Do an exhaust mod if you're going for a turbo or a supercharger or at least a professional custom dyno tune... that and if you want irreversible hearing loss for yourself and headaches for others on the road.

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
@Coolatc you got one of the bad ones. Same thing happened to me. I called Quadratec (whom I ordered from) and they swapped it out. New one went on like a breeze. I had same one on my JK and I love the sound.

That said, the angst that I and many others (yourself included) was not worth it. MF's QC was terrible with this unit. They should be embarrassed and do something publicly to address all the problems with these units... including some sort of reimbursement.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I purchased the Magnaflow axle back exhaust for my 2018 Wrangler JL. The removal of my stock system was very straight forward, about 15 minutes. When I tried to mount the new Magnaflow unit, the pipe that was supposed to slide over my stock pipe was too small. I could not get it to go on more than 1/4" or so. I wrestled with it for half an hour just to make sure. I was very upset because the Youtube videos and install instructions say nothing about this fit issue. I ended up driving to my nearest Orielly Auto parts store to rent an exhaust expander tool. When I got back to my garage I had to try several times with the expander tool to get the Magnaflow unit to slide over my OEM pipe. Fortunately I had an air power impact wrench as trying to use the expander tool with hand tools would be near impossible. After the 3rd try, the Magnaflo finally fit over the OEM pipe and everything else fit perfectly. I ended up removing the passenger side rubber mount bracket to make the install easier. If the Magnaflow would have slipped over the stock tail pipe, the install would have been 20 minutes. After this debacle the unit really does look nice and gives the Jeep a nice exhaust tone with little to no drone in the cab. Magnaflow needs to recall this model and correct it as someone with basic tools will really struggle with getting that pipe expanded.
Are you listening, @Magnaflow ?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
@Coolatc you got one of the bad ones. Same thing happened to me. I called Quadratec (whom I ordered from) and they swapped it out. New one went on like a breeze. I had same one on my JK and I love the sound.

That said, the angst that I and many others (yourself included) was not worth it. MF's QC was terrible with this unit. They should be embarrassed and do something publicly to address all the problems with these units... including some sort of reimbursement.
Are you listening, @Magnaflow ?

Sponsored

mjshaq

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL Sting Grey ,2017 Lexus RX350 F - Sport, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
I got Gibson Installed. I thought Magaflow did not alter sound enough.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Hmm, I think the Gibson sounds better than the Magnaflow but I like the way the Magnaflow looks better.

Not a fan of having the exhaust tip stick out as much as the Gibson does.
They have another tip included in kit that hides exhaust tip.

JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler (Leslie), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Land Raider)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Gibson customer service sucks. Product failed within warranty period and they offered me 20% off to buy a new one. LOL

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Can someone post pics of how high and tight the Gibson is from the back looking forward and also with the XTT on?
Sponsored