Sponsored

Gibson or Magnaflow axle back exhaust?

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Ordered a Magnaflow from Northridge on 7/ 11 for a 2019 JLU sport. It said it was on back order and would ship direct from factory in about 30 days. Northridge did have the $250 gift card promo available and I received it. Got the muffler yesterday 8/6. Doesn't fit. The pipe that slips over the factory pipe is too small in diameter. I had read that this was a problem last year but they had fixed it. Nope. Spent 2 hours trying to install. Broke my pipe expander trying to get it to work. Ran out of time and had to put stock exhaust back on so my son could use the jeep while his car's in shop. Not sure if I'll take to muffler shop to get it expanded or just send it back. Wasn't happy wasting my time on something that was supposed to be a easy install. Will post update when I get Jeep back and decide what I'm doing.
Maddening, eh? Same happened to me... but I bought one when they first came out. I suspect the one you received was new old stock (i.e. first run like mine). I would contact Magnaflow directly and complain. They make great mufflers... but the lack of QC is unacceptable.
Sponsored

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited sport, 1978 Jeep CJ7
Update. I went down to my gas station and had them spread the pipe. They put the jeep on the lift and it took three tries to get the pipe to fit. Anyway it's on and looks good. Sounds pretty good but I haven't been able to get on it yet. We'll see.

namodei

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Update. I went down to my gas station and had them spread the pipe. They put the jeep on the lift and it took three tries to get the pipe to fit. Anyway it's on and looks good. Sounds pretty good but I haven't been able to get on it yet. We'll see.
The gibson fit perfect in less than 30 minutes seriously.
Sponsored