Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
We have made some improvements to the JL/JT Center Console Mount Phone Holsters.
There was always some concern in the past with eventual working loose of the mounting screw resulting in pivoting of the holster.
We have now incorporated a second mounting point to prevent that. The inverted clip that slides under the lower lip of the console prevents the pivoting and still allows you to mount the phone holster without any modifications.
Interior dimensions are 3.2" wide by .65" deep. These are available in both driver and passenger side versions in black with your choice of black or red thread. Other leather and thread colors are available upon requests.
Note: this version 2 will be the only version available going forward. Passenger side mount pictured for reference
These are available thru my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com If you have any questions, you can email me directly at [email protected]

JL Phone Holster V2 (2).jpg
Sponsored

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
We have made some improvements to the JL/JT Center Console Mount Phone Holsters.
There was always some concern in the past with eventual working loose of the mounting screw resulting in pivoting of the holster.
We have now incorporated a second mounting point to prevent that. The inverted clip that slides under the lower lip of the console prevents the pivoting and still allows you to mount the phone holster without any modifications.
Interior dimensions are 3.2" wide by .65" deep. These are available in both driver and passenger side versions in black with your choice of black or red thread. Other leather and thread colors are available upon requests.
Note: this version 2 will be the only version available going forward. Passenger side mount pictured for reference
These are available thru my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com If you have any questions, you can email me directly at [email protected]

JL Phone Holster V2 (2).jpg
Wow I wish you would have informed me you had a new version coming out when I bought mine 2 weeks ago. Just installed mine this weekend.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Sorry Larry, I just started prototyping these the past coupe of days. I had no ideal I was going to do a change over a couple of weeks ago. Since these require a little more leather, hardware and time they are also priced a little higher . I have made hundreds of the V1 versions with no issues. I was just looking at any potential improvements possible

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Got my phone holster installed tonight. Great quality and ingenious use of space. ONLY change I'd like to see is use of black hardware for the clip.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Got my phone holster installed tonight. Great quality and ingenious use of space. ONLY change I'd like to see is use of black hardware for the clip.
Relbus, can not disagree with you. Black Chicago Screws and other small black hardware has a history of not being colorfast, scratching easily etc. so I went with the next best option which is brushed nickel. I do have some black Chicago Screws on order that are suppose to be better. I will be more than happy to send you a set when I get them in if you would like to try it out

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Relbus, can not disagree with you. Black Chicago Screws and other small black hardware has a history of not being colorfast, scratching easily etc. so I went with the next best option which is brushed nickel. I do have some black Chicago Screws on order that are suppose to be better. I will be more than happy to send you a set when I get them in if you would like to try it out
That makes sense and is understandable. Thanks for the offer, Mark. That would be excellent if you can send me a set!

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
That makes sense and is understandable. Thanks for the offer, Mark. That would be excellent if you can send me a set!
No problem, shoot me a PM with your name and I will send it your way when they come it … you can field test these for me

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Thank you David, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Mark,
How do these mount? Is it a no-drill installation?

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Mark,
How do these mount? Is it a no-drill installation?
No vehicle mods required. On the sides of the center console towards the front you will notice a round plastic disc. Pop that off and behind it is a mounting bolt for the center console to the body. I use the mount (with a longer screw and spacer) for the front and a clip on the rear for secure placement ... about a 2 minute install

Aidencaster

First Name
Anto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
Fantastic hand work and craftsmanship in to this beautiful piece.

The longest part if the instal was walking back into the garage to grab a Philip's head screwdriver.

20200218_163209.jpg

20200218_163221.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.