Frederich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
Occupation
Retired DAT and math teacher
Good evening all,

I am interested in the leather holster with button window. I am quite absentminded due to banging my noggin in my tank for twenty five years. I do not like bulky things in my pocket and about twenty percent of the time my Uconnect app fails to lock my doors. My question to anyone who has this fob holster is, do they last? The leather looks sturdy but I am concerned about the clip that would hold it to my pants or belt. If it breaks, it does not look to be replaceable. Is it metal or plastic? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Fritz
Sponsored

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Fteich; Don’t have one but @Blkjak is the one to talk to...

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Good evening all,

I am interested in the leather holster with button window. I am quite absentminded due to banging my noggin in my tank for twenty five years. I do not like bulky things in my pocket and about twenty percent of the time my Uconnect app fails to lock my doors. My question to anyone who has this fob holster is, do they last? The leather looks sturdy but I am concerned about the clip that would hold it to my pants or belt. If it breaks, it does not look to be replaceable. Is it metal or plastic? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Fritz
I have one. The clip is metal and is durable. I like having it - thick leather, does not impede getting to the buttons when you want to, keeps the buttons from getting pressed accidentally.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I have 2. One with the snap clip and one with the belt clip. They are great. Seem to be lasting with daily use.

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I have one. Excellent quality, durable, and stout. I can’t see how anything would break on this keyfob.

I wouldn’t hesitate for a second on buying one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fteich

Fteich

First Name
Frederich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank you all, just got done ordering it.

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Good choice. Mark's leatherwork is top notch and I can see this holster easily outlasting the car. The clip is the same type that's on my badge holder and I think they're pretty indestructible (at least mine has been for the past 9 years or so...). Also, I have to compliment Mark's customer service. I had a slight issue with the fit of my fob holster and Mark happily offered to remake it.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
They have silicone key fob cases on Amazon, 2 for 9.99 different colors and they work great.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clip is metal and very sturdy will not break. Gibson is great I got the clip on version with window. I get compliments from people that good leather work when they see it. Support a sponsor that has Made In USA products you will not be sorry. I am more worried about my belt loop holding up the fob will easily outlast the Jeep.

Sponsored

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
I bought one of the Gibson fob holders a few months ago, and have found it to be a great product.

You can see that it is hand made by true craftsmen.

I'm sure that the clip and stitching will last for many years.

I'm probably the only guy in the UK with a Gibson fob holster for a JL (it's nice to be unique!)

OP
OP
Fteich

Fteich

First Name
Frederich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am hoping that when I get it in the mail that it deserves all the praise you have heaped upon it. If that is the case I will talk to him about a leather holster for my Ruger SR9c i keep n the he Jeep.

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Guys, I just saw this thread. Thank you all for the compliments. If anyone has any issues, please let me know and Thank You for your business.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Guys, I just saw this thread. Thank you all for the compliments. If anyone has any issues, please let me know and Thank You for your business.
I have an issue Mark! I want you to bring my Wrangler distressed hat to market! ;)

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I have an issue Mark! I want you to bring my Wrangler distressed hat to market! ;)
LOL, wouldn't you rather have one that said "Gibson Leatherworks" .. it will make you popular :)
Sponsored