Sponsored

Getting towed to dealer. Got warning "Service Transmission Continue in D. Do Not Shift or Turn Engine Off"

OP
OP
bikeindirt

bikeindirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Got the jeep back today,,, super happy, can not say enough about how great Premier Jeep in Buena Park (second dealer) handled this.

They got the car Saturday afternoon and had the batteries(both) replaced and the issue fixed before noon on Monday,,, being closed Sunday that is basically same day...

They called Monday morning, "we found the issue and fixed it, but if possible can we hold it one more night,,, Just to be safe we want to do an extended test drive and check the batteries in the morning." I took them up on the offer.

So what was it?
There was a short in the wiring that went to the DEF tank... what? yep, the wiring going to the DEF tank was rubbing against the skid plate and shorted out.

Factory missed a clip or I guess it could have fallen out of the clip but I don't see that happening,,,
Sponsored

busymamacita

First Name
Carah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Hey y’all, we had this happen to us last night in Santa Rosa, we pulled off the freeway at the next exit. We were pulling our expedition trailer so this was not fun. We lost all power. Exactly as others said, our trans temp showed 401 degrees, as we were turning off the exit we started rolling backwards. The Jeep didn’t even try to move. We had to have our buddy pull us to the truck stop with our yankum rope. We followed the screen instructions and didn’t turn it off or pull it out of drive. When we got to the truck stop we put in in park, turned off the Jeep, but the fan, the screen, the lights, everything else wouldn’t shut off. We disconnected the main battery and the auxiliary battery and hit the hay for the night

We called Chrysler and they said the tow isn’t covered with our trailer, so we called someone we know and he suggested we check the wiring harness and make sure the 4 bolts PDM were tight. He said sometimes those bolts if they loosen up from someone changing the auxiliary battery can make it lose connection. It was worth a try in our situation being so far from home in our way to play in Colorado. It worked!

After a long stressful night, we are back on the road. No messages. No problems. This may not work for most of y’all, but thought we’d throw it out there and hope it helps someone.

Kim59

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon eco diesel
2021 JLURD 3100 miles...

got this warning
"Service Transmission Continue in D. Do Not Shift or Turn Engine Off"

A steady check engine light...some chimes and the Jeep would not go over 35(limp mode) all the temps seem fine. On the "offroad page" it showed trans temp @401 deg (no way that's right).

Drove ~2 miles home, and promptly turned off the engine,,, now it wont start or "turn off". The engine is not running but the computer/hvac/radio is clearly on...

disconnected the battery.. car still "on"... LOL

loaded on tow truck and off to the dealer.

Feels like a sensor? or at least something computer controlled... any ideas?
Had this happen to my 21JLURD last night. Less than 21K miles on it. Here waiting on a tow truck now. Not happy, and if this is a known issue why hasn't Jeep done a recall to get it fixed? I seriously live in the middle of nowhere and my Jeep is my daily driver as well as my trail ride.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Just got my 22 back from the dealer.
Mine was flawless for 45,000klm until it just happened. Mine required a new wiring harness. It had some bad pins in connector that apparently shook loose.. job completed and all is well now.
Sponsored