Getting started with air actuated lockers / swaybar disconnects

Ryand

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited Dies
Hello, First time poster / jeep owner so go easy on me :) Have a 2022 Sahara JLUL Diesel. I am looking to add both lockers and swaybar disconnects pneumatically actuated. I have purchased a rubi pull off 2021 swaybar and an EVO-1152 swaybar disconnect. My question is in wiring and piping. I have the built in 4 switch panel in the jeep I'd like to use. 1st button turn on compressor (haven't picked it out) 2nd activate sway disconnects 3rd activate front lockers (haven't picked out) 4th activate rear lockers. Is this dumb / doable and or advisable? I have seen the wiring guides for turning on the compressor but assuming there is some sort of electronic switch to control the individual lines to the lockers and swaybar?
Thanks!
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Yeah, check out ARBs compressor install manuals. They have switched solenoids for the output.

304D5A97-699F-4C23-A5B6-4D8E2CC91F00.jpeg

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Also, there’s a manufacturer (Voswitch?) that makes an add on switch setup where the rubicon switches go. That way you don’t tie up all your switches in one go.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
You are on the right track as all those components can be wired right into your aux. switches and it is easy to do.

@GATORB8 has it right with checking the ARB compressor install manual. It has the full wiring diagram included in it.

@Tech Tim did a video about wiring into the OE aux. switches:

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Highly recommend Lasfit AUX panel. The lockers are CANBus tied and operate in the same way as rubicon lockers with safety of not allowing accidental turn on when not in 4LO
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018-2022 Auxiliary Switch Panel Bank Kit (lasfit.com)
Jeep Wrangler JL Getting started with air actuated lockers / swaybar disconnects 1663361191808
I think that was the one I was thinking of.

OP, I don’t think you’ll find a better option than either the ARB single or twin, and it has by far the most aftermarket support.

Make sure you check @Northridge4x4 with the forum discount, should be the best price you’ll find.

OP
OP

Ryand

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys, so if I'm using CO2 tank for my tires, any need for that twin ARB or should the single suffice for lockers and swaybar? Need to save some money somewhere :)

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks guys, so if I'm using CO2 tank for my tires, any need for that twin ARB or should the single suffice for lockers and swaybar? Need to save some money somewhere :)
I feel like I saw someone running their lockers with CO2. Maybe a undermount reserve tank and switch the solenoids off that.

OP
OP

Ryand

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant to say, I don't need the compressor for filling my tires since I use a CO2 tank for that, so will the single ARB onboard compressor be enough?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant to say, I don't need the compressor for filling my tires since I use a CO2 tank for that, so will the single ARB onboard compressor be enough?
I understood, the ARB single won’t have a problem. They have a cheaper compact that I think may be meant for that so look for that.

I just meant you may be able to run without a hard wired compressor since you are carrying CO2.

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Highly recommend Lasfit AUX panel. The lockers are CANBus tied and operate in the same way as rubicon lockers with safety of not allowing accidental turn on when not in 4LO
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018-2022 Auxiliary Switch Panel Bank Kit (lasfit.com)
Jeep Wrangler JL Getting started with air actuated lockers / swaybar disconnects 1663361191808
That is pretty cool! Hmmmm.... I'm passing that on to the Northridge4x4 product manager.

If you are running CO2 for your tires, you don't need the twin.

Check out PN CKSA12
Those are a good compressor, though I'd say to go with the CKMA12, it is the medium size single and will run the lockers and sway bar no problem AND if for some reason, you forgot to fill your CO2 tank, it will fill your tires too. Just a little slower than the twin.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/compressors/ckma12-arb-12v-compact-air-compressor

OP
OP

Ryand

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ewww I love discounts! How would I score that one?

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Ewww I love discounts! How would I score that one?
Northridge4x4 forum discount is: jlwranglerforums

It doesn't work on all products. Depends on manufacturer discounts rules and regs.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Northridge4x4 forum discount is: jlwranglerforums

It doesn't work on all products. Depends on manufacturer discounts rules and regs.
With great power comes great responsibility.

Once you have the @Northridge4x4 code, you can no longer say “I’ll wait to buy it until it goes on sale”

Edit: join the rewards program too. Nothing like telling your wife, I have a gift certificate I have to use.
Sponsored