Getting ready to order my JLUR soon

Runningman20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dart
New member here, finally getting ready to order my JLUR. I received a quote from Keith Friday at Lafontaine here in Michigan after emailing and calling all around the country to the recommended dealers on the forum. I'm looking at

Ocean Blue
V-6
Manual
LED
Safety Group
Trailer Tow
Dual Top
Leather
All weather mats
Remote Prox entry
Advanced safety group
Infotainment
Cold weather group

His quote was
MSRP 53245.00
Invoice 50169.00
Sell 46657.17
Tax 2799.43
State 257.00
Total 49713.60

Will probably skip the dual top for now and just get the hardtop and also get the mats separately. I'm also thinking about going with cloth seats for now and maybe having some Katzkin installed later. I originally priced an auto but I've driven a stick for 20 years now and I think I'd miss it honestly although it would be nice to have remote start. Also not sure on the the advanced safety group, have been waiting on a 19 for this but everyone has been complaining about the module behind the mirror so I'm not sure. I thought it would be a good idea in case my wife and kids were driving but that won't be an issue with the manual lol.

Would love to hear your thoughts about the safety group, pricing, leather and for those of you with a manual how are you liking it and do you regret not having remote start? Thanks for all the information on this forum, I got Keith's info from this site and he has been awesome so far! I'm an FCA employee also but hasn't seemed to make any difference in pricing.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Pricing seems good to me. I will share my thoughts on the options, keep in mind I have only had mine 10 days though. I have the Advance Safety Group, for me it isn't an issue. A lot of people are complaining about it who haven't seen it in person. No, it isn't as clean looking as a regular rear view mirror, but if you like its functionality, I wouldn't avoid it. I wasn't too impressed with the factory leather, and I was concerned about it getting hot in the summer, so I went with cloth. I also think the Katzkin looks better, and may consider it down the road. I do have an automatic, so I do have the remote start. Remote start with the cold weather group is nice, seats and heated steering wheel seem to come on automatically less than 40 degrees.

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
I love manuals and have driven them on and off since I learned to drive, so a long time lol. I heard this new 6 speed is great but I decided to spend the extra money and get the new 8sp auto. Getting better mileage and better acceleration. If you plan to go up in tire size it will make even more of a difference. You can also buy the mats on amazon for cheaper than the dealership.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the Advance Safety Group, for me it isn't an issue. A lot of people are complaining about it who haven't seen it in person.
This. I've yet to read a complaint from someone who has driven it. The complaints seem to be all from people who have only seen photos from angles that are unrepresentative of how you'd be viewing it (or not viewing it) from a normal driving position.

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
After driving several different setups I chose to not order the leather. At first I was absolutely certain I would order it, this will be my first (new) vehicle in 15 years that I have not had a leather interior in.

I like the leather, and I think it looks good. But I'm impressed with the feel of the cloth and I think it will hold up well. I'm sure either would be reasonably durable.

I thought more about how I would be using the Jeep, and mine is going to be off-road more than on, and I thought about the kind of abuse that would put it through. Car leather (until you hit the really top end) still isn't as strong as a leather jacket or leather straps, it's just a thin layer with dye on it. Easier to wipe clean from mud and grease, but I don't think it would stand up to getting in and out with tools in my pocket and having gear tossed into the seat when I'm on the trail. It's also cheaper to repair or replace if it does get ripped.

Obviously a personal choice that depends on how you will be using the Jeep, just wanted to share my thought process.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
After driving several different setups I chose to not order the leather. At first I was absolutely certain I would order it, this will be my first (new) vehicle in 15 years that I have not had a leather interior in.

I like the leather, and I think it looks good. But I'm impressed with the feel of the cloth and I think it will hold up well. I'm sure either would be reasonably durable.

I thought more about how I would be using the Jeep, and mine is going to be off-road more than on, and I thought about the kind of abuse that would put it through. Car leather (until you hit the really top end) still isn't as strong as a leather jacket or leather straps, it's just a thin layer with dye on it. Easier to wipe clean from mud and grease, but I don't think it would stand up to getting in and out with tools in my pocket and having gear tossed into the seat when I'm on the trail. It's also cheaper to repair or replace if it does get ripped.

Obviously a personal choice that depends on how you will be using the Jeep, just wanted to share my thought process.
Part of my thinking on cloth is if ends up getting trashed I can replace it and not feel like I got ripped off.

OP
OP

Runningman20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dart
Thanks for all the feedback! All good points, I'm gonna stick with the original plan and get the auto and also the advanced safety group. I also have a fairly large dog and worried about him scratching up the leather so cloth seats it is for now.
Sponsored