Sponsored

Getting ready for Spring/Summer 2021: post your plans and wish list here.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Hello all. Seems like by April or May or June of this year, COVID 19 should be largely behind us. Here is to hoping that we make up for a relatively boring Summer of 2020 with a very exciting 2021. Thought I'd share my wish list below to get my JLUR ready for the Summer of 2021. I know it's early but I will be beginning early to make sure the bank balance doesn't suddenly become low in April. My JLUR is largely factory stock as I rarely go off road. Bought a Jeep as more of a Summer Top off/Doors Off experience. Bought a Rubicon mainly for the looks.

Feel free to publish your list also in thread. Mine is as follows:

1. Hoping Mopar releases the Half Doors from the Dual Door group sometime in Q1 or Q2 of 2021 for the general market rather than an option for brand new JLs only via a dealer. Want those the most. Estimating Mopar may charge around $5k for those doors with premium uppers. I want these the most because the fabric windows plus the fact that the half doors seem to be lockeable means that I will be able to keep them on between April and September plus keep my Jeep parked on the street or my drive way with a peace of mind. They come mounted with Mirrors is another reason for me. Is there a good alternate source besides FCA that has something similar? I am a big believer in buy once cry once.

2. Mopar Doorless Mirrors (part number 82215331AB). Approximately $300 before taxes and shipping.

3. JL tazer mini (just bought). Bought it mainly to keep the ESS off and the light show.

4. Door holding cart. Must have 360 caster wheels. Estimate $370 before taxes and shipping. Here is one example I am thinking: https://topliftpros.com/products/st...E8KsfPM0N3uzl4qPfjnLY07l7dol1RqgaAhPJEALw_wcB

5. Already have from last summer: XRC Foot Pegs, front/rear grab handles from Mopar, a Hard Top storage cart from Quadratec and the Soft Top Window Storage bag from Mopar (got my JLUR with the dual top group).

All in all, it seems like I will be spending anywhere between $700 to $5700 before taxes depending on whether FCA releases the half doors I want via Mopar. I plan on completing the Doorless Mirror and the Door Cart purchase by Jan or Feb and then hope FCA releases the half doors by April or so.

Feel free to add your plans or wishlist for 2021 here!
Sponsored

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
If Jeep half doors are anywhere close to 5k,run, don’t walk, the other direction. Half doors with the funky inserts for windows are a PITA to live with ( yeah, they’re fine when the half door is the only part on and the top’s down/off, but the rest of the time, not so much). IMHO you’d be better off with a set of tube doors when the tops off and REAL doors when it’s on, no to mention it would be a whole lot less $$$

OP
OP
631_Islander

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If Jeep half doors are anywhere close to 5k,run, don’t walk, the other direction. Half doors with the funky inserts for windows are a PITA to live with ( yeah, they’re fine when the half door is the only part on and the top’s down/off, but the rest of the time, not so much). IMHO you’d be better off with a set of tube doors when the tops off and REAL doors when it’s on, no to mention it would be a whole lot less $$$
The price tag supposedly gives you more than just half doors. They come with power locks and power mirrors. Expensive? Yes. This link will give more info on them:

If there is another option that can get me something similar, I am game!

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Just a soft top for this guy, only bought the hard top from the factory. Had half doors on a YJ and TJ with zipper windows. Never again!

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

Lift/wheels/tires are on my immediate radar. may look into a soft top after all that is done depending on funds.

Sponsored

OP
OP
631_Islander

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lift/wheels/tires are on my immediate radar. may look into a soft top after all that is done depending on funds.
Just ordered the following:

From Top Lift Pros: Hardtop Lift with the Power Pro Attachment, Door Storage Cart with 360 Castor Wheels, Door Lift attachment and all covers. $1900 with taxes and shipping. Link: https://topliftpros.com/collections...t-storage-cover-with-powerpro-lift-attachment

From BAM Wholesale: Mopar Doorless Mirror Kit ($245 with taxes and shipping).

This is what happens when the wife says "fine you can do it one more time". Think she will be pissed when she finds the "one more time" costed more than $2100??

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

Just ordered the following:

From Top Lift Pros: Hardtop Lift with the Power Pro Attachment, Door Storage Cart with 360 Castor Wheels, Door Lift attachment and all covers. $1900 with taxes and shipping. Link: https://topliftpros.com/collections/bundles/products/get-the-system-save-320-✨big-bundle-hardtop-lift-tool-cover-door-lift-attachment-door-cart-storage-cover-with-powerpro-lift-attachment

From BAM Wholesale: Mopar Doorless Mirror Kit ($245 with taxes and shipping).

This is what happens when the wife says "fine you can do it one more time". Think she will be pissed when she finds the "one more time" costed more than $2100??
way easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
We just placed an order for our 2021 JLRU.

Here's my list of what I want to accomplish for the summer:

1. 3.5" lift
2. 37" KO2s with KMC Machete Beadlock wheels
3. LOD signature series steel front bumper with a warn winch
4. LOD destroyer with tire carrier rear bumper
5. Roof rack with rooftop tent

This will get us to a very comfortable spot to wheel this summer and camp with the dogs.

I'm at stage 1!

OP
OP
631_Islander

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We just placed an order for our 2021 JLRU.

Here's my list of what I want to accomplish for the summer:

1. 3.5" lift
2. 37" KO2s with KMC Machete Beadlock wheels
3. LOD signature series steel front bumper with a warn winch
4. LOD destroyer with tire carrier rear bumper
5. Roof rack with rooftop tent

This will get us to a very comfortable spot to wheel this summer and camp with the dogs.

I'm at stage 1!
Congrats! Got a build sheet from the dealer you can upload here?

Sponsored

OP
OP
631_Islander

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a soft top for this guy, only bought the hard top from the factory. Had half doors on a YJ and TJ with zipper windows. Never again!
Why not? I know they are noisy on a highway. Any other downside?

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
The only major mod I have planned is my top. I'm in the que down at Ursa Minor with an expected delivery date of March for my J30. I already own most of the other gear I need, and then I'm hitting some of the backcountry roads to tour old mining/ghost town sites.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Why not? I know they are noisy on a highway. Any other downside?
They aren’t just for me anymore. They scratch easy and if you go through a toll or drive through can be a hassle if you have them in the up position. The windows work ok up or folded down, but nothing in between. I like to go doorless as much as I can, but if I need doors on, I want the power windows with glass. Also easy to break into if don’t park in a garage. For this stage of my life , it’s like using dial up when I can have broadband.
Sponsored