First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rescue Green, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Dog & Punk'ncon Mom
Shawnslady: As others have mentioned, getting used to driving a Wrangler is worth it. My JL will be here Friday, currently I'm driving a 430hp V8 JKU, and people pass me ALL the time! I drive safely, one or two over the speed limit when safe to do so, and I still get passed like I'm standing still. Many folks are just in a hurry - not a judgement, just an observation. Just don't let 'em get to you. Smile because you drive a capable Wrangler. :)

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
My JL is very fast. I have a "lead foot" and pretty much drive it like I stole it. The new transmission really help too,

otter3591

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
I've had my 2016 Rubicon for 2 weeks now and am still adjusting to the ride. I was used to driving my WRX and rarely was passed by anyone on back roads of Vermont. Now I'm passed daily by almost everyone. This is killing me ! I have BFG mud terrain tires on, think all terrains will definitely help me bobble less on horrific frost heaves? Thanks !
I get passed all the time, fine with me, I am enjoying my ride, not passed because not enough power, but I bought a JL not a sports car.

Sponsored

FromTJtoJL

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S Ocean Blue
Sorry, I'm a Taco kind of girl, used to drive Toyotas....
I sold my 17 TRD OF to get back into a Wrangler and I'm glad I did. I really missed the constant encouragement to admire your surroundings that comes with owning a Wrangler. My Taco was also a 6 sp and was growing tired of commuting with it.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
While I will occasionally launch like a rocket from an intersection in my turbo JL, Jeeps aren't really made for speed. You can still go fast. Surprisingly fast. But it will be more terrifying than exhilarating.

That first time I misjudged a sharp turn and had to de-accelerate from 70 to 30 was exhilarating in a poop your pants kind of way.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
George Carlin once said, "Have to ever noticed that everybody that drives slower than you is an asshole and everybody that drives faster is a maniac!"

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
SG2_and_Friends_The_5_Oclock_Free_Crack_Give_Awa-front-large.jpg

Sorry to be late, but do have to add, I get the initial reaction OP, but just remember those CRV's wouldn't be able to go where the Jeep can

Sponsored

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
I've told my office mates that my commute has shortened by 15 minutes each way in the month I've had my new Wrangler. Instead of having to drive around all of the other idiots in the DMV, I drive OVER them. It's exhilarating to look in your rear view mirror and see steaming piles of rubble in your wake. It's not about speed at all. It's about coming out on top!

Mane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner LTD
I just cruise along, tunes going. No roof, no doors, no worries... wondering why everyone is in such an angry rush.

It's a different mindset entirely. You'll embrace it, or you'll get another WRX I guess.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
My record says I can't afford to speed anyway, so I'm ready to embrace the Jeep life
Sponsored