OP

Shawnslady

First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon
Sheesh... tough crowd. I'd cut her some slack... she's only had the Wrangler 2 weeks (might not even know the difference between a JK & JL). And DEFINITELY recommend ditching the M/T's for a decent A/T tire to smooth out the ride a bit.
Thanks for the input, off to buy new tires....Does JL mean " just for losers "? (JK....just kidding :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shawnslady

First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon
Sounds like the problem is the terrain, not the power?
What's your tire pressure? If it's too high, the jeep will bounce around like mad.
37 -38....im beginning to think it's the terrain too, many thanks

OP
OP

Shawnslady

First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon
Maybe drive responsibly and stop being concerned with how the next person drives? Are you a firefighter going to calls? If not just drive the speed you want to drive and don’t worry about how fast someone else wants to drive (within reason). You sound kind of like some of the drivers that most annoy me most - people who are driving a steady speed who feel the need to speed up when someone else begins passing them.

You can drive fast and safe.....I do not speed up and not let someone pass... Just saying I'm having trouble transitioning. Also, someone passed me unsafely today, so I feel bad I am making people want to pass and may cause an accident. I'm a nurse, sometimes I do have to get somewhere quickly....and safely

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shawnslady

First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon
Should have purchased a Trackhawk. .no one passes me...
I eat JL's for breakfast ..Subbies also
Actually damn near everthing.
Makes me curious what you like for dessert ?

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Shawnslady

First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon
Maybe it's just the horrible frost heaves we have. Someone accepted my request to join ...
This is how bad some of the back roads get, the main roads not quite so bad!

Screenshot_2019-04-17-07-05-50.png

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I've had my 2016 Rubicon for 2 weeks now and am still adjusting to the ride. I was used to driving my WRX and rarely was passed by anyone on back roads of Vermont. Now I'm passed daily by almost everyone. This is killing me ! I have BFG mud terrain tires on, think all terrains will definitely help me bobble less on horrific frost heaves? Thanks !
The mud terrains those jeeps came with are TERRIBLE. I’d highly recommend getting new tires, I have the BfGoodrich KO2’s and they’re fantastic yet still look aggressive. I’d also check your tire pressure to make sure they’re not overinflated. When I had my JK I usually kept my tires around 34PSI

Sponsored

Rubicon_LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OP: I've switched to JLU Rubicon after 10 years of driving numerous modified turbo BMWs 335i. I can totally relate to what you are saying. Though I didn't get my Jeep to race it on a road. It's a totally different driving style, but I do enjoy Jeep sometimes even more than bimmers. When I feel I need some spiritual driving I jump in my turbo diesel BMW X5 that pulls like a freight train. However, Jeep is a vehicle of a totally different league that requires driving style of its own that is also very enjoyable and fun. Just learn to enjoy your Rubicon and don't mind other cars around.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the input, off to buy new tires....Does JL mean " just for losers "? (JK....just kidding :)
No. It actually means Jeep Life. Ok. Maybe not. :lipssealed: But did you know the engineers for the JL weren't allowed to identify the burrito warming spot on the engine due to liability issues?

The following is an excerpt from "Ten Things You Need To Know About the JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler"

Burrito holders on the JL’s exhaust manifold didn’t make the cut.
“You know, you throw your frozen burrito on here,” Mark Allen explains, pointing to the top of the engine, where the burrito holders were to be. “And we don’t have them, but at some point we had them baked in, and there was this little icon of a burrito with steam coming off it, and the safety office called and said, ‘You can’t do that.’ One of the engineers came to me and said, ‘It sounds like they’re serious. We can’t do it. What do you want to do?’ I said, ‘Simple. We’ll draw a circle around the burrito and put a slash through it.’ We did that, and they sent it back. They’re on to us.” Perhaps next Easter.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/ten-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-jl-2018-jeep-wrangler/

OP
OP

Shawnslady

First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon
No. It actually means Jeep Life. Ok. Maybe not. :lipssealed: But did you know the engineers for the JL weren't allowed to identify the burrito warming spot on the engine due to liability issues?

The following is an excerpt from "Ten Things You Need To Know About the JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler"

Burrito holders on the JL’s exhaust manifold didn’t make the cut.
“You know, you throw your frozen burrito on here,” Mark Allen explains, pointing to the top of the engine, where the burrito holders were to be. “And we don’t have them, but at some point we had them baked in, and there was this little icon of a burrito with steam coming off it, and the safety office called and said, ‘You can’t do that.’ One of the engineers came to me and said, ‘It sounds like they’re serious. We can’t do it. What do you want to do?’ I said, ‘Simple. We’ll draw a circle around the burrito and put a slash through it.’ We did that, and they sent it back. They’re on to us.” Perhaps next Easter.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/ten-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-jl-2018-jeep-wrangler/
Sorry, I'm a Taco kind of girl, used to drive Toyotas....

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
But, you can run over most of the zippy cars if push comes to shove...
Sponsored