Getting over all of the $$$

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Solid post, and interesting. Where did you pull the stat around median income for Wrangler owners?
It’s actually higher now than I go back and read the article. States it’s $120,000 annually.
http://www.jdpower.com/cars/articles/new-car-reviews/powersteering-2018-jeep-wrangler-review

It also states we’re all nearing our 50’s. Not sure where they got the info from, but I’m sure it’s back by some hard data...possibly purchase records or something.

I bought a JLUR and my payment is close to $800 over 72 months. I didn’t put anything down either. It’s a huge chunk to let go of every month, but budget wise we’re still good as it’s our only car payment. As for the upgrade bug I dropped $2000 in the first month and am currently good to go for now. Next planned upgrade is tires and maybe a lift, but I’ll see what off roading I do before deciding on those.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
And if you do get it make sure you get at least the 7” touchscreen...that and the 8.4 are the only two that give you Apple CarPlay or android auto. That’s if you’re into using those capabilities.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I have saved on a little sales tax buying out of state also. I actually prefer to buy in WI or IN for different reasons. Cook county might ask for the .075%. Seems to be hit or miss for me.

http://salestaxoncars.com
http://salestaxoncars.com/where-you-buy/
Sorry to tell you but that website is bullshit. The tax owed is determined based upon where the car is registered, not where it is bought. Just because a dealer outside of the city or the county is not required to collect those taxes doesn't mean they aren't owed. The act of registering the vehicle will allow the city and the county to review and see if their taxes were collected or not. If they weren't they send a bill to the person named on the registration. Sure it's possible to roll the dice and hope they don't but not a bet I'd take (also consider that after a certain period of time elapses there is a penalty assessed and interest begins to accrue). As bad as Cook and Chicago may be at properly *using* our taxes they are quite good at collecting them. Do what you think best, of course, but I don't mess with the tax bogeyman.

OP
OP

CheapWrangler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Grand Caravan
It’s actually higher now than I go back and read the article. States it’s $120,000 annually.
http://www.jdpower.com/cars/articles/new-car-reviews/powersteering-2018-jeep-wrangler-review

It also states we’re all nearing our 50’s. Not sure where they got the info from, but I’m sure it’s back by some hard data...possibly purchase records or something.

I bought a JLUR and my payment is close to $800 over 72 months. I didn’t put anything down either. It’s a huge chunk to let go of every month, but budget wise we’re still good as it’s our only car payment. As for the upgrade bug I dropped $2000 in the first month and am currently good to go for now. Next planned upgrade is tires and maybe a lift, but I’ll see what off roading I do before deciding on those.
What was your purchase price?

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
For me it's getting over the fact that it's not a performance car lol Coming from a Porsche, Mustang GT and RS4 I am not sold that I will be happy with the lack of speed. I like my lead foot. Seems like these hold their value so I would think you should not be too word about the financial side if you get a good deal.
Having a wrangler is a good excuse to not have a leadfoot. Although when I stopped at a light with a lot of empty pavement next to a raptor, I wished I still had my M3 :)
Sponsored