Sponsored

Getting my first Jeep! Purchasing advice in Houston Area??

JL_Jenna

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RIBICON
Hi everyone, I am currently in the process of purchasing my first Jeep! I’ve wanted one since I was a teenager, and now finally 20 years later I’m going to do it! Super excited! Anyways, I’m looking at getting a fairly basic Rubicon, black hard top, probably plastic unpainted flares (going back and forth on this), cloth seats (then doing katzkin), smaller dash screen is fine, etc. I will be paying cash and want to get the best deal possible obviously haha. I do have other vehicles so I’m ok “playing the game” if I need to... hopefully not. I’m really just looking for some purchasing advise with anyone familiar with the houston area currently. Some dealers are telling me that due to covid and the factory shut down that inventory is low so they aren’t really motivated to move them as fast as they have in the past? Not sure if that’s true or not? Also, I’ve been reading on here and everyone is talking about getting the invoice pricing.... Is that just what you ask the dealer to show you? Is that even real? I thought they just made fake invoices to show people honestly haha... orrr is there somewhere else to get approximate invoice pricing? Any input or suggestions any of you have will all be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Get in touch with Neil Carpenter at DeMontrond in Conroe and ask for a quote on the vehicle and options you want. He doesn’t play games and will offer the best price without haggling. 6% below invoice.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Cant help with pricing BUT i prefer the cloth to the leather... bartact makes great weather proof seat covers and the black fenders are always a must have over painted in this #7 jeep girls opinion.
Also....
CONGRATS!!!!! How exciting to finally be able to possess a dream. Party on with the top down!

captnjbk

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon. 2017 Moto Guzzi V7.
Hi everyone, I am currently in the process of purchasing my first Jeep! I’ve wanted one since I was a teenager, and now finally 20 years later I’m going to do it! Super excited! Anyways, I’m looking at getting a fairly basic Rubicon, black hard top, probably plastic unpainted flares (going back and forth on this), cloth seats (then doing katzkin), smaller dash screen is fine, etc. I will be paying cash and want to get the best deal possible obviously haha. I do have other vehicles so I’m ok “playing the game” if I need to... hopefully not. I’m really just looking for some purchasing advise with anyone familiar with the houston area currently. Some dealers are telling me that due to covid and the factory shut down that inventory is low so they aren’t really motivated to move them as fast as they have in the past? Not sure if that’s true or not? Also, I’ve been reading on here and everyone is talking about getting the invoice pricing.... Is that just what you ask the dealer to show you? Is that even real? I thought they just made fake invoices to show people honestly haha... orrr is there somewhere else to get approximate invoice pricing? Any input or suggestions any of you have will all be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!
End of the year is the best time to buy if you're ready to pull the trigger. If you find what you want then offer what you can afford or what you feel is fair. If they don't go for it walk away. They will call you back because they don't want to pay inventory taxes on the vehicle come Jan 1st. Might risk not getting it but hold out till you get what you want or Thursday 31st an hour before they close.
The low inventory because of covid is a sales ploy just like they have a magic vehicle appraisal tool that is more accurate than bluebook. Remember no matter what anyone says most car salesmen are on the shady side.

OP
OP
JL_Jenna

JL_Jenna

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RIBICON
Thanks so so much for all of the advice everyone! I called Neil and left him a message just now. I’m super excited to become a part of the Jeep community!! Thanks again! You all are awesome!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JL_Jenna

JL_Jenna

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RIBICON
Hi everyone, thanks again for the help. I got in contact with Neil and have placed my JLU Rubicon order! You guys were right, a great deal and super easy! Thanks again

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hi everyone, thanks again for the help. I got in contact with Neil and have placed my JLU Rubicon order! You guys were right, a great deal and super easy! Thanks again
Congrats. Neil is the most laid back car salesman ever. All he does is sell Jeep Wranglers. I did my entire transaction through a series of a few emails, never met in person or spoke by phone until he called me to pick mine up.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Mark Gusman at River Oaks Jeep has sold us our last 3 Jeeps and taken care of a dozen or more of my friends. He’s fantastic and plays zero games. Best price, best incentives and down the road in your new Jeep. He’s the best salesman I’ve ever dealt with at any brand.

Btw, welcome to the Jeep family from Cypress!

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
While I'm not a first time buyer of Jeeps, I did just buy a new Rubicon for the first time, and got mid-level items options on the Rubicon, such as the cold weather group, trailer/tow/Aux Switch package, and Convenience Package, but stuck with cloth seats (which is my preference, not a fan of leather, the 7" display, which is still really good, and Halogen Headlights instead of the LED package, as I'll be adding aftermarket LEDs in the near future that can completely turnoff when I'm at my astronomy club outings. The Rubicon comes really nicely equipped. Best of luck and have fun with it once you buy it.

azulwavesJL

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU hydro blue
Occupation
Flight Planning Supervisor
Hi Jenna, I have been dreaming of a Wrangler for about 20 years like you. I just ordered a 2021 JLU Willys from Neil. It was very easy. Just a few emails with no haggling back and forth. MSRP was $47,965 and Neil's price was $43,207 +TTL. I even got a free lifetime power-train warranty.

I got the trailer tow package, alpine audio system, 3-piece hardtop, MOPAR HD rock sliders with step assist and technology group. I am very happy with my build.

I will be sure to give you the "jeep wave" as I am in Katy too.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ordered my 2021 2-door sport from David Wells at River Oaks on Friday. He was extremely helpful and responsive; even responding to a couple of emails on Sunday. I'm in the crowd of get a good deal but don't fret if you don't get every penny. Sometimes, you get what you pay for. I purchased a JLRU in 2018 and squeezed every penny out of the dealership. Needless to say, service at that dealership is horrid. I've been taking my 2018 to River Oaks for the last 6 months for a persistent axle issue. Great service and an overall great experience.
Sponsored