Getting little kids in raised JLUR

howardw1976

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Raised my JLUR and now the kids (and wife) are having trouble getting in.. my 8 year olds have the most difficulty. They can't reach the grab handles I put up high and carrying around a stepstool is a PITA. Thinking about taking some climbing rope w/some knots and tying it to the bar in the back to give them something pull up on.. anyone have any other work-arounds?

I'll probably end up with rails of some sort that can be used for a step as well... any suggestions?
Sponsored

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
I just went out to the Garage with my 3, 6, 8 & 10 year olds to see if they could get into my Husbands Jeep(Temporarily set at 8" lift with 40's).
Suprisingly with the @ROAM steps they were easily able to get in/out. Each had a different method of doing so, but my 6 year old (3'11")grabbed the door pull and the door frame and pulled his way in/out. My 3 year old was freaking out because he couldn't get in, but the other three had no issues.

OP
OP
howardw1976

howardw1976

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ride Engineering step sliders.
I was looking at those but a bit hesitant due to the moving parts, etc. don't want to be on the trail and have them ripped off if they get stuck open.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I was looking at those but a bit hesitant due to the moving parts, etc. don't want to be on the trail and have them ripped off if they get stuck open.
Check out their video. For one they won't. They have the ability to stop when they touch anything like your leg or a rock etc. Also you can turn them off with a provided switch if you like so they don't deploy at all or actually deployed down which makes washing the roof awesome.

Sponsored

OP
OP
howardw1976

howardw1976

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Check out their video. For one they won't. They have the ability to stop when they touch anything like your leg or a rock etc. Also you can turn them off with a provided switch if you like so they don't deploy at all or actually deployed down which makes washing the roof awesome.
will do... thx...

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just went out to the Garage with my 3, 6, 8 & 10 year olds to see if they could get into my Husbands Jeep(Temporarily set at 8" lift with 40's).
Suprisingly with the @ROAM steps they were easily able to get in/out. Each had a different method of doing so, but my 6 year old (3'11")grabbed the door pull and the door frame and pulled his way in/out. My 3 year old was freaking out because he couldn't get in, but the other three had no issues.
My 5 and 6 year old does the same - grab the door pull handle and the door frame. I just put in Westin sliders/steps and that helps a little, but they get in. I am only at 3.5" lift though - that 8" with 40's is a beast!

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered roam rails/steps as it’s not going to be any easier come winter!

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
My brother made his kids get into his CJ, they got stonger and could finally hop into back seat from outside climbing up tire. Its funny to think of today as one of these "kids" is 6'8" 260 pounds.

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've installed the Rock Slide Engineering step for my wife and granddaughter and they love them. They also come stock with a switch to turn them off when going off road. They are incredibly sturdy and able to act as sliders too.

Check them out, I highly recommend them for kids and those of us that are vertically challenged.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Raised my JLUR and now the kids (and wife) are having trouble getting in.. my 8 year olds have the most difficulty. They can't reach the grab handles I put up high and carrying around a stepstool is a PITA. Thinking about taking some climbing rope w/some knots and tying it to the bar in the back to give them something pull up on.. anyone have any other work-arounds?

I'll probably end up with rails of some sort that can be used for a step as well... any suggestions?
I had similar issues, my boys can barely reach the grab handles. I put a set of NFAB RKR rails with removable steps and they have been great. With a little boost they can both step up into the Jeep.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
if raising Jeeps is hard, try raising kids
Sponsored