Sponsored

Getting Fogs to stay on with brights

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Am I the only one that loves that fogs with highs is illegal in some states? I mean, you should be turning off your highs when someone is approaching anyway, so how is anyone going to see that your fogs and highs are on at the same time? Of course, where I live everything is so fricken lit up at night with streetlamps you don't even need headlights, and I almost never have my highs on ;)
Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I've never found properly aimed fog lights, or headlights in their low setting to be a problem in the oncoming vehicle. As mentioned, fog lights are useful for peripheral vision.

I'm not sure why States exclude the use of high beams and fog lamps with this clarification: I support the legal obligation for oncoming motorists to turn off their high beams and other blinding/distracting aftermarket lights. Other than that, at least from personal experience, YMMV, laws that limit fog lamp usage, be it with high beams or on non-foggy nights confuse me.

If nobody's in oncoming traffic, in fact if this is the situation offroad where such laws don't apply, it seems--in the interest of the very safety these laws seek to protect in not blinding others--that lighting up that which you're about to encounter using multiple factory or aftermarket lighting solutions is smart.

This isn't to say that others can't cite extremely valid experiences why the laws are what they are. Maybe I miss why these laws exist.