Sponsored

Getting Dual Tops on a 2 Door

csharg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR
How are people getting dual tops on new 2 door orders? It is not available as an option when ordering. If you order the body colored hard top can you also add the premium soft top to the order and get the soft top shipped separately? If so it seems much cheaper to get the soft top for the $595 or whatever it is at the time of ordering rather than ordering it directly after you pick up your Jeep.
Sponsored

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
How are people getting dual tops on new 2 door orders? It is not available as an option when ordering. If you order the body colored hard top can you also add the premium soft top to the order and get the soft top shipped separately? If so it seems much cheaper to get the soft top for the $595 or whatever it is at the time of ordering rather than ordering it directly after you pick up your Jeep.
It seems to not be an option on the 2 doors. That $595 is the upcharge for the premium soft top over the standard one and I’m pretty sure the system won’t let you order it if you select the hard top. I know the online configurator does, but I was looking over my dealer’s shoulder as he was entering my order this week and all of the soft top related stuff got grayed out as soon as a hard top was selected on the order.

If want dual top, buy the hard top with the vehicle (and get the soft top later) so you get all of the wiring, switches etc. for the rear wiper and defroster. A soft top vehicle from the factory won’t have it and it’s expensive to add later.

RubiconRider

First Name
Deen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2016 Rubicon
It seems to not be an option on the 2 doors. That $595 is the upcharge for the premium soft top over the standard one and I’m pretty sure the system won’t let you order it if you select the hard top. I know the online configurator does, but I was looking over my dealer’s shoulder as he was entering my order this week and all of the soft top related stuff got grayed out as soon as a hard top was selected on the order.

If want dual top, buy the hard top with the vehicle (and get the soft top later) so you get all of the wiring, switches etc. for the rear wiper and defroster. A soft top vehicle from the factory won’t have it and it’s expensive to add later.
This.

I tried ordering a dual top as well when I ordered my 2 door Rubicon. The website allows you to select both, the but actual internal system won't allow it. My dealer even called Jeep directly to try and it was a no go. She suggested I file a complaint with Jeep because the site allowed it, but I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle nor did I want to make a possible delay in my order.

OP
OP
csharg

csharg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR
Thanks for the info. I was afraid that this was the answer, but wanted to make sure before I shelled out the extra money for the soft top directly from Jeep. That is a good point about ordering it with the hardtop to get the extra switches.

Any aftermarket soft tops that are better than stock, or should I just spend the money for the Jeep one?

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
apparently bestop makes the factory tops, so once the no compete clause is up, which is sometime before the end of the year, bestop will be selling the JL 2 door soft tops at all bestop dealer locations.
i will wait till after winter to pick up my soft top from just jeeps.

Sponsored

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK 2 door willys, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer added the softop on my order.
I received my jeep in Sept.
Im still waiting for my softop too come in

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Thats weird! The day i repky to this post! I get the call from the dealership. My softop is in. They told me the box is too big, and its to big to even try to have it sticking out my hard top (back window open)
So they are delivering it monday

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase
I assume the box is the same size as the 4 door jeep.
Its massive...

B21E4886-749B-46C8-86C1-E92CA19D0ABD.jpeg

Neohiofan

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
How much did you pay for your soft top? Did it get ordered with th jeep or dude dealership order it through their parts Dept?

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase
How much did you pay for your soft top? Did it get ordered with th jeep or dude dealership order it through their parts Dept?
My sales guy added it to my bill of sale. But most likely it was through the parts department.
Looked at my bill, they added 2k Can for the premium top
Sponsored