Sponsored

Getting customer service help for destroyed Sky 1-Touch Power Top ?

abasura

First Name
Aba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi JLU
Hi, First posting so be gentle!

A few months ago my JLUR was vandalized and the 1 Touch retractable top was destroyed. I went to my local dealer service and, after 3 months, they have "replaced" the top but it is much noisier that is was previously. The dealer doesn't want to deal with it anymore.

I tried calling Jeep Customer Support line for advice but that was not helpful. I was told by the customer service rep that they cannot help me because it is not a warranty or recall issue.

Two Questions:

1. Does anyone know how to navigate the Corporate Customer Service organization to get some assistance?
2. Does anyone know a reliable dealer/indy Jeep service center that can fix this correctly? I am in the Los Angeles area.

Thank you!
Sponsored

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
Who paid for the new top? Your insurance company? If so, did you go to one of their recommended shops?

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Tell the dealer to fix it correctly or your next phone call will be to the Bureau of Automotive Repair.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
What is noiser about it?

Look at this video, maybe if you have a buddy you can attempt to remove it partially, and then reinstall ensuring everything is done properly.

Just document the parts in case parts are missing, you can go after them for.the missing parts.

OP
OP
abasura

abasura

First Name
Aba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi JLU
Who paid for the new top? Your insurance company? If so, did you go to one of their recommended shops?
I paid for it. I also pre-paid (never do that!) for the repair at my local dealer. They tried 3 times to fix it, making it worse each time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
abasura

abasura

First Name
Aba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi JLU
What is noiser about it?

Look at this video, maybe if you have a buddy you can attempt to remove it partially, and then reinstall ensuring everything is done properly.

Just document the parts in case parts are missing, you can go after them for.the missing parts.

Thank you for the video link. However, this is not something that I will attempt myself.

Above 25 mph, it sounds like a jet engine. I am concerned that air is getting under the top and that it might cause additional damage.

I will have to find another shop to handle this. I guess I just expected that the folks at Jeep Corporate might care that a dealer service operation is incompetent and disdainful of customers. They don't.

OP
OP
abasura

abasura

First Name
Aba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi JLU
Tell the dealer to fix it correctly or your next phone call will be to the Bureau of Automotive Repair.
The dealer has no interest in working on the car again, nor will they refund my money. They told me not to come back.

A call to BAR might be a good idea. Thanks for the tip.

OP
OP
abasura

abasura

First Name
Aba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi JLU
Is there a way to contact them other than calling the CS Number (877-426-5337)?

I called that number yesterday and was told that there was nothing that they would do since it was not a recall or warranty issue.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Did you talk with the General Manager of the Dealership?

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Man, I have no idea what they did, removing and replacing the top is not that complicated. I have taken mine off and put it back on several times.
Gregj

IntegraRC

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
I’m really sorry your Jeep was vandalized and for all the issues you’re seeing. I have a question though. I know there was a debate whether or not someone would actually climb on top of a Jeep to rip into a sky 1 touch top to get inside. Did someone actually do that to your Jeep?

OP
OP
abasura

abasura

First Name
Aba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi JLU
I’m really sorry your Jeep was vandalized and for all the issues you’re seeing. I have a question though. I know there was a debate whether or not someone would actually climb on top of a Jeep to rip into a sky 1 touch top to get inside. Did someone actually do that to your Jeep?
Yes. They cut a flap in the top and entered the car that way. The alarm went crazy and they split. This has cost me nearly $5K plus 3 months of aggravation for nothing. I don't keep anything of value in the car.

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Should have your insurance company cover it for fix.And they could have got invoked
Sponsored