Sponsored

Getting a 4 door sport this week. Advice please!!

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Heck, nothing wrong with the base model. Save the difference and invest it and enjoy the awesome jeep without power windows or doors. That said, I feel like I couldn't live without power windows. Getting soft in my old age.
Sponsored

Luvmejeeps

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport. 2004 TJ
If your not in a hurry to go anywhere and need to close windows,n lock locks as fast as possible...and your not the lazy type then ole school locks n windows work just fine.

To each there own but thats exactly what i wanted and bought. I can reach all the locks in my 4 door from the drivers seat. No issues for me.

Buy what you want and think you need,and dont settle for anything more or less. And who cares what anyone else has and bought,cause that's whats everybodys gonna recommend.

Good luck.

RERAIL

First Name
Kell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU SPORT
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Hello there. So I’m going to look at a Wrangler JL on Thursday Near my work.

It’s a 4 door base sport base steel wheels. All it has is automatic and hard top. Which I wanted. Is there anything I should look out for when buying a base sport? Sadly it’s not going to have the power windows or power locks which I wanted but I would have to go up to the sport s or Sahara for that and I don’t want to spend the extra 2/4 grand haha. Hoping to get this jeep under 33k. Just wondering if anyone has sport and how they like it?

Is it really a pain having rolled up windows haha. Could I add power locks and windows later lol. Any advice getting a sport please let me know. Excited to get a new wranlger!! Thanks

I opted for the JLU Sport. V6 Auto. I added the Limited Slip Option. For around $600, you get the Dana 44 rear axle and A/T tires. A great value. Also added the re-enforced Spare Tire Mount. Rock Rails mostly as they finished off the look really nice plus the added protection. The only hassle is unlocking the rear doors. After a little practice it isn't so bad. Check it out, you'll see what I mean. Since I'm not a commuter, I didn't need the extra creature comforts of a Sport-S and up. No plans to rock crawl, so the capabilities of a Rubicon would have gone unused. Just Sayn'.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
There are several dealers on this site, around the US that will sell you a Jeep for 6% below invoice cost! That’s super cheap compared to normal dealers. You could possibly get more of what you want for the same dollars if not less for just a little travel! Many forum members would be glad to steer you in the right direction if you simply ask for their help!

That being said! No power windows! Man that’s crazy! It rains a lot by me and having to lean over to roll up a passenger window or something would drive me nuts!

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Something to consider is that the window crank could be hitting your knee or leg in a really uncomfortable spot depending on your seating position and height.... Deal breaker for me so I went with Sport S.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
[
Something to consider is that the window crank could be hitting your knee or leg in a really uncomfortable spot depending on your seating position and height.... Deal breaker for me so I went with Sport S.
The only way a hand crank could be hitting that uncomfortable spot , is if you were using a huge Model T engine hand crank for a window crank .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
It's much more expensive to have your Jeep rebuilt from a 2 door into a 4 door than it is to add power windows.
What a waste of effort to rebuild a Jeep from a 2 door into a 4 door . No need for a 4 door in the first place .

EMJeep

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My last Jeep was a bone stock manual everything JK sport. It didn’t bother me at all with not having power windows/locks, you just get used to it. And with the mods I did, I got everything I wanted selling it to a private owner.

Now, that being said, my JL is power everything and wow.. what a difference.

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I suggest getting any sport s and upgrade later.

If your near Huntington beach, there's a sport s for $29k
SmartSelect_20180925-203455_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Take off the doors and the whole window and locks thing becomes obsolete...
Yep , tough military Jeeps had no doors and no windows , and was a Jeep .

But a weak wuss prius has door locks and power windows , and is a mini-car .

A 60 ton Tank has no power door locks and no power windows , and is a Tank .

Whenever I see a prius , I think of my Jeep as a Tank , and I think of the prius as a lost ballet shoe .

That puts it in perspective .

Last edited:

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Ask for a credit line increase on your favorite credit card!! The mod bug will bite you for sure!!!

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
It's very easy to "reclock" the crank to a position where there is no interference. At 6'8" and 400#, that's the first mod I made!

MACCTM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Honda Fury motorcycle, Infiniti QX30
What a waste of effort to rebuild a Jeep from a 2 door into a 4 door . No need for a 4 door in the first place .
My point confirmed and 4 doors are all I will buy. I do 1000 more things in my jeep than go over a rock every few months.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Did you buy? If not do a line by line comparison between both trims to see exactly what you are missing. This isn’t avail on Jeep website, so search here.

If I would have done that w my sport s vs Sahara, I would have grabbed the Sahara for an extra couple/ few $k vs my sport s build.
Sponsored