Sponsored

Getting a 4 door sport this week. Advice please!!

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will own a jl
Hello there. So I’m going to look at a Wrangler JL on Thursday Near my work.

It’s a 4 door base sport base steel wheels. All it has is automatic and hard top. Which I wanted. Is there anything I should look out for when buying a base sport? Sadly it’s not going to have the power windows or power locks which I wanted but I would have to go up to the sport s or Sahara for that and I don’t want to spend the extra 2/4 grand haha. Hoping to get this jeep under 33k. Just wondering if anyone has sport and how they like it?

Is it really a pain having rolled up windows haha. Could I add power locks and windows later lol. Any advice getting a sport please let me know. Excited to get a new wranlger!! Thanks
Sponsored

xcantuaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I know you are probably trying to save money but no power windows, power locks is a pain the A$$. I'm looking at a Stripped sport S for 34k. Has everything power.

1995YJ

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ Rio Grande, 2018 JL Sport S 3.6L 6 Spd
Occupation
Firefighter
Hello there. So I’m going to look at a Wrangler JL on Thursday Near my work.

It’s a 4 door base sport base steel wheels. All it has is automatic and hard top. Which I wanted. Is there anything I should look out for when buying a base sport? Sadly it’s not going to have the power windows or power locks which I wanted but I would have to go up to the sport s or Sahara for that and I don’t want to spend the extra 2/4 grand haha. Hoping to get this jeep under 33k. Just wondering if anyone has sport and how they like it?

Is it really a pain having rolled up windows haha. Could I add power locks and windows later lol. Any advice getting a sport please let me know. Excited to get a new wranlger!! Thanks

Get a 2 door sport s. Problem solved.

MACCTM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Honda Fury motorcycle, Infiniti QX30
It's much more expensive to have your Jeep rebuilt from a 2 door into a 4 door than it is to add power windows. Jees.

Buy the Sport S.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
If you think you want power windows and locks, buy the Sport S. Don’t try to add power windows and locks later. That will be a pain. A Sport S will be easier to resell since most buyers want power goodies.

I’m going with a Sport myself. Don’t mind going “old school” with crank windows. Less things to break. Plus I hate leather steering wheels.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will own a jl
I know you are probably trying to save money but no power windows, power locks is a pain the A$$. I'm looking at a Stripped sport S for 34k. Has everything power.
I’ll have to look into that. I know it’s a pain in the ass haha.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I have a sport now that is being bought back. Getting a 19 sport s

Sport 5 inch radio it awful and no power locks is a PITA if you have kids. I also have the rear crank window that has a tendency to roll down slightly causing wind noise.

I suggest getting a sport s.

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will own a jl
If you think you want power windows and locks, buy the Sport S. Don’t try to add power windows and locks later. That will be a pain. A Sport S will be easier to resell since most buyers want power goodies.

I’m going with a Sport myself. Don’t mind going “old school” with crank windows. Less things to break.
I know it’s going to be a pain in the ass later. I’m fucked. But I guess I could live with no power windows lol. I’ll keep looking

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will own a jl
I can’t find a sport s 2 door. I kind of want the room of a four door because I’m gonna go camping with it and shit.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I know it’s going to be a pain in the ass later. I’m fucked. But I guess I could live with no power windows lol. I’ll keep looking
Are you in a cold climate? The Sport S also has power and HEATED side view mirrors. The Sport does not.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will own a jl
I have a sport now that is being bought back. Getting a 19 sport s

Sport 5 inch radio it awful and no power locks is a PITA if you have kids. I also have the rear crank window that has a tendency to roll down slightly causing wind noise.

I suggest getting a sport s.
Thanks for the information. I’ll have to look into that. I’m not too fond over the 5 inch radio but I can definitely deal with it and upgrade it later if I needed to.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Thanks for the information. I’ll have to look into that. I’m not too fond over the 5 inch radio but I can definitely deal with it and upgrade it later if I needed to.
The tech option is $1,000 for UConnect 4, auto climate and larger driver cluster display. Including Apple Car Play and Android Auto. I wish this was offered on the Sport along with LED package.

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
That's what I got. I was going between the Sport and Sport S for weeks but then I realized that the Sport S is only $1k more after I added the tinted soft top rear windows and AC. And for the $1k extra you get power locks and windows, alarm (insurance cheaper), leather steering wheel, and nicer wheels.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I thought so too...but there are nearly zero head units that fit. There is only about 3 inches behind the radio before you hit the air ducts. Crutchfield finally has one radio that fits but its fragil and they told my to avoid it in a jeep. Also that it could be years before head units that fit are availablt. The alternative is the 7 or 8.4inch oem but you will lose youe volume and tuning knobs and will have to rely in the steering wheel.

Considering the sport s includes thr following it is likely a better option for most.
Window tint
Leather wheel
7inch is available as an option and includes sirius xm
Power locks and windows
Different wheels of you dont like the black standard ones

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I thought so too...but there are nearly zero head units that fit. There is only about 3 inches behind the radio before you hit the air ducts. Crutchfield finally has one radio that fits but its fragil and they told my to avoid it in a jeep. Also that it could be years before head units that fit are availablt. The alternative is the 7 or 8.4inch oem but you will lose youe volume and tuning knobs and will have to rely in the steering wheel.

Considering the sport s includes thr following it is likely a better option for most.
Window tint
Leather wheel
7inch is available as an option and includes sirius xm
Power locks and windows
Different wheels of you dont like the black standard ones
Power side view mirrors
Heated side view mirrors
Alarm system

And most importantly lighted vanity mirrors in the sun visors!
Sponsored