Sponsored

Getting a 4 door sport this week. Advice please!!

unixfool

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU - Sting Gray 2.0L Hard Top Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
So u started with the 5 inch upgrated to 7 inch and changed the ac control head? If so how did u not lose AC. Most doing this lose their AC.

If u had 7 inch when u got it...yes you will have knobs below on ac head.
I didn't start with the 5"...started with the 7"...that's what I missed.
Sponsored

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Ask for a credit line increase on your favorite credit card!! The mod bug will bite you for sure!!!
It sure did. I knew what I was getting into and that’s why I picked a unlimited sport. I knew I’d be jacking this baby. I have invested over 18g into this so far and still looking for more lol Ursa Minor coming soon. I have a deposit on one. Coming soon if there delivery is on target. :)

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
If you think you want power windows and locks, buy the Sport S. Don’t try to add power windows and locks later. That will be a pain. A Sport S will be easier to resell since most buyers want power goodies.

I’m going with a Sport myself. Don’t mind going “old school” with crank windows. Less things to break. Plus I hate leather steering wheels.
I would not want manual locks/windows on a 4 door and kids... /shudder been there done that, never again.

I checked out the manual crank on the 2 door, but it hits my knee (and wit ha manual transmission would catch my knee). If you are tall you will wanna avoid it.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I would not want manual locks/windows on a 4 door and kids... /shudder been there done that, never again.

I checked out the manual crank on the 2 door, but it hits my knee (and wit ha manual transmission would catch my knee). If you are tall you will wanna avoid it.
Ive got an 8yr old and the cranks are a total pain. She messes with the crank all the time. So i jump on the freeway for a 90min commute and the window is cracked and i cant roll up unless i pull over. Then even if they are up the back drivers sede works its way down a but causing excess wind noise. That and the crank hits my knee. My 2019 is going to be a sport s with power windows and locks

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I didn't start with the 5"...started with the 7"...that's what I missed.
Bummer...i thought maybe you solve the control issue for the upgrade.

Sponsored

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella JLUS, Honda Odyssey
I rented a 2 door JKS with a hardtop and it has sold me on 4 doors and power locks, windows, and mirrors at the VERY least.

But I also have 2 boys and a wife that will also be a driver.

What was interesting to me, is that when I rented a 4door JL with auto, it drove fine and I really didn't think of a manual. When I got in the 2 door, it just felt wrong. For me, a 2 door REALLY needs a manual transmission.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
Hello there. So I’m going to look at a Wrangler JL on Thursday Near my work.

It’s a 4 door base sport base steel wheels. All it has is automatic and hard top. Which I wanted. Is there anything I should look out for when buying a base sport? Sadly it’s not going to have the power windows or power locks which I wanted but I would have to go up to the sport s or Sahara for that and I don’t want to spend the extra 2/4 grand haha. Hoping to get this jeep under 33k. Just wondering if anyone has sport and how they like it?

Is it really a pain having rolled up windows haha. Could I add power locks and windows later lol. Any advice getting a sport please let me know. Excited to get a new wranlger!! Thanks
Manual windows and locks become a problem because you have reach or go to each door to perform an action. A real first world problem if there ever was one.
I know this since I had a manual trans, windows and locks on an 2003 Xterra.
Sponsored