Sponsored

Getting a 4 door sport this week. Advice please!!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
[

The only way a hand crank could be hitting that uncomfortable spot , is if you were using a huge Model T engine hand crank for a window crank .
Not true. On my first 4-door JKU I had to remove the window handle and re-clock it because it killed my knee.
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
My first 4-door was a base Sport. It was so horrible having to reach around the B-pillar to unlock the rear doors, and having to stop and get out to roll down/up the rear windows for my kids that in 12 months time (on a 36 month lease) I traded it in and got a Sport S with power windows and locks.

No way I would ever buy a 4-door vehicle with manual locks and windows ever again.
No way should you ever got a 4-door in the first place . A 2-door is always best .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Not true. On my first 4-door JKU I had to remove the window handle and re-clock it because it killed my knee.
It wasn't the knee I was referring to being hit with the huge Model T engine hand crank .

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
It's very easy to "reclock" the crank to a position where there is no interference. At 6'8" and 400#, that's the first mod I made!
Could you hook a brother up? How did you do this.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
just pull the pin that holds the Crank and then re-position it. Its quite easy.
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 10.40.08 AM.png

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
just pull the pin that holds the Crank and then re-position it. Its quite easy.
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 10.40.08 AM.png
Thanks, I couldn’t figure out that PIN , but your picture helped and I have it swapped now. I used two Allen wrenches to push the PIN successfully.

lbau317

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
It's a Jeep! Think they had power windows and locks in the army? I don't miss them in my JLU Sport. First thing I upgraded were the tires, Milestar Patagonia 33" M/Ts on the steel wheels look great in my opinion, much better than those aluminum Sport S wheels. Buy what you can and be happy!
2018-08-15 16.03.20.jpg

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It's a Jeep! Think they had power windows and locks in the army? I don't miss them in my JLU Sport...
2018-08-15 16.03.20.jpg
THIS! Lol...I rather enjoy rolling my windows up and down and I like the manual locks. The car I had before had power and it was convenient...but this is a Jeep.

For me Jeep Wranglers are supposed to be mechanical and not "cars". I'm not opposed to technology, but for me the nostalgia I have with Jeep Wranglers stems back to my memories of being a child in my dad's '83 CJ7 (hardtop).

I actually was a little bummed out that I had a push button start, yet I needed my key to unlock the doors LOL!!! :cwl::cwl::cwl:

All G tho! Electronic or not, I've always adored the Jeep wranglers. :involve:

Sponsored

lbau317

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
THIS! Lol...I rather enjoy rolling my windows up and down and I like the manual locks. The car I had before had power and it was convenient...but this is a Jeep.

For me Jeep Wranglers are supposed to be mechanical and not "cars". I'm not opposed to technology, but for me the nostalgia I have with Jeep Wranglers stems back to my memories of being a child in my dad's '83 CJ7 (hardtop).

I actually was a little bummed out that I had a push button start, yet I needed my key to unlock the doors LOL!!! :cwl::cwl::cwl:

All G tho! Electronic or not, I've always adored the Jeep wranglers. :involve:
Yes!! Well said!

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hello there. So I’m going to look at a Wrangler JL on Thursday Near my work.

It’s a 4 door base sport base steel wheels. All it has is automatic and hard top. Which I wanted. Is there anything I should look out for when buying a base sport? Sadly it’s not going to have the power windows or power locks which I wanted but I would have to go up to the sport s or Sahara for that and I don’t want to spend the extra 2/4 grand haha. Hoping to get this jeep under 33k. Just wondering if anyone has sport and how they like it?

Is it really a pain having rolled up windows haha. Could I add power locks and windows later lol. Any advice getting a sport please let me know. Excited to get a new wranlger!! Thanks
As I've posted in other threads, the manual locks and windows don't cause me issues at all. Not even a little bit lol. I like the fact that they are not power for many reasons. It has not caused me any inconveniences since I got it in July.

As others mentioned, I heard it can be problematic with trying to install power locks/windows on a Sport. I was quoted like $800 from the dealer when I inquired installing an alarm (they said I needed power locks and windows as well for the alarm to work). So I said forget it...if having an alarm is gonna make me have power locks, NTY.

I bought my Wrangler for a different reason than some on the forum, so you will get a good variety of responses based on different perspectives.

I will say this...

- If you think you NEED the conveniences of power locks, windows and an alarm, get the Sport S. Drop the additional 2k or whateva it equates to and don't look back. Be happy about the decision and keep it moving.

- If you can live with rolling your windows down before you commute and increasing muscle mass in your LEFT bicep and tricep; all the while having some intermittent thumb action (locking the doors), go with the Sport! :rock::rock::rock: ... :cwl:

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Hello there. So I’m going to look at a Wrangler JL on Thursday Near my work.

It’s a 4 door base sport base steel wheels. All it has is automatic and hard top. Which I wanted. Is there anything I should look out for when buying a base sport? Sadly it’s not going to have the power windows or power locks which I wanted but I would have to go up to the sport s or Sahara for that and I don’t want to spend the extra 2/4 grand haha. Hoping to get this jeep under 33k. Just wondering if anyone has sport and how they like it?

Is it really a pain having rolled up windows haha. Could I add power locks and windows later lol. Any advice getting a sport please let me know. Excited to get a new wranlger!! Thanks

I love my JL rubicon, BUT....if I could have ordered it WITHOUT electric locks, windows and mirrors....thats the way I would have had it. Much simpler, much less to go wrong. In the 3 months I have had it now, I have only rolled the window (1) down ONCE. I don't mind Locking my doors using my finger, and I have not moved my mirrors since I adjusted them at purchase.

I still drive (daily) my Jeep SPORT without any power windows, locks or mirrors, so I know well what its like to be without the luxuries of my Rubicon.

I really DON'T feel lacking for not having them. I am not rolling the windows up and down often enough to want power windows, mirrors don't move once they are adjusted and locking your door takes NO more effort than locking it with power.

Too bad for customers that Jeep will not sell Rubicon's without the power stuff.......its just "profit" padding on the more capable 4WD Package.

Buy your SPORT....and enjoy it! You don't need the power windows, locks or mirrors. the money you save on them is better spent on a winch and recovery kit.

unixfool

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU - Sting Gray 2.0L Hard Top Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I thought so too...but there are nearly zero head units that fit. There is only about 3 inches behind the radio before you hit the air ducts. Crutchfield finally has one radio that fits but its fragil and they told my to avoid it in a jeep. Also that it could be years before head units that fit are availablt. The alternative is the 7 or 8.4inch oem but you will lose youe volume and tuning knobs and will have to rely in the steering wheel.

Considering the sport s includes thr following it is likely a better option for most.
Window tint
Leather wheel
7inch is available as an option and includes sirius xm
Power locks and windows
Different wheels of you dont like the black standard ones
I've the 7" display and I have volume and tuning knobs on the dashboard.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I've the 7" display and I have volume and tuning knobs on the dashboard.
So u started with the 5 inch upgrated to 7 inch and changed the ac control head? If so how did u not lose AC. Most doing this lose their AC.

If u had 7 inch when u got it...yes you will have knobs below on ac head.
Sponsored