Sponsored

Getting 6-7% off of Invoice still considered competitive/good pricing?

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey,

My wife ordered a rubicon back in May 2019, and we got 7% under invoice (Austin TX area).

I'm thinking of picking up a 2020 with a manual transmission (just something to mess around with). I'm not sure if the market has changed for wrangler's, but is 6-7% under invoice still considered a competitive price?

I don't plan on ordering a jeep, hoping to find something on the dealer lot. I'm sure this may play into the pricing. I'm trying to hold off to the end of the month.

Thanks ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hey,

My wife ordered a rubicon back in May 2019, and we got 7% under invoice (Austin TX area).

I'm thinking of picking up a 2020 with a manual transmission (just something to mess around with). I'm not sure if the market has changed for wrangler's, but is 6-7% under invoice still considered a competitive price?

I don't plan on ordering a jeep, hoping to find something on the dealer lot. I'm sure this may play into the pricing. I'm trying to hold off to the end of the month.

Thanks ;)
Would you consider a 2019? There is supposedly $2000 incentives on them. Criswell posted this.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2000-additional-savings-on-2019-wranglers.44805/

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Hey,

I'm not sure if the market has changed for wrangler's, but is 6-7% under invoice still considered a competitive price?

Thanks ;)
Would you consider a 2019? There is supposedly $2000 incentives on them. Criswell posted this.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2000-additional-savings-on-2019-wranglers.44805/
I agree with Nick on this. If you're buying off the lot, look for left-over '19s, as Jeep is indeed offering a $2000 cash incentive on all '19 Wrangler and Gladiator models (excluding the Rubicon), but this expires 2/3 so don't wait too much longer (looks like you're targeting end of January so this should work for you).

I think the problem you will run into is finding a Jeep configured the way you want, as manual trannies are hard to come by, as are 2-doors, so a 2-door, manual Rubi might be something of a unicorn. Also, the 6-7% you got on the factory order won't generally apply to in-stock vehicles, though once the $2k is factored in for a '19 you'd be in that neighborhood ($2k is 5% on a $40k build).
I would shoot for at least 10-12% below invoice on a '19 once the incentive is factored in. For a '20 on the lot, you might get 5%. Looks like you've got more than 20 dealerships in close range. Mac Haik gets great reviews on here and he's got a '20 JL Sport manual on the lot for a posted 15% under MSRP. Good hunting.
Sponsored

Last edited: