Sponsored

Get tops from dealer is the best choice?

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
or after market is a better cheaper choice?

it always good to get dual jeep tops, should i get oem top straight from dealer or get hardtop from them and source my own softop.
i am in canada, for sport two door, it cost a thousand to upgrade softtop to hard, and 700to upgrade premium softtop.
by being a upgrade, it delete the std softtop, so have to another softop, everything addes up quickly for those stupid option.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
In the US, dual top option for ordering wasn't available for 2 door so I ordered hard top and grabbed the soft. Ironically, I had to have my hard top replaced, this is no joke. It's color matched and comes without paint or glass. It had to be seen to a body shop for painting, than another company has to install the glass. No idea what the total cost would be but I bet its substantial.

I'd get dual top from OEM if an option. Otherwise, do hardtop with order and get your own Soft Top after.

OP
OP

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
In the US, dual top option for ordering wasn't available for 2 door so I ordered hard top and grabbed the soft. Ironically, I had to have my hard top replaced, this is no joke. It's color matched and comes without paint or glass. It had to be seen to a body shop for painting, than another company has to install the glass. No idea what the total cost would be but I bet its substantial.

I'd get dual top from OEM if an option. Otherwise, do hardtop with order and get your own Soft Top after.
after mkt tops are better worse more style and cheaper or more costly?
tbh, i can't figure out how much is a standard soft top exactly from dealer, because everthing is an upgrade price showing only differntial.

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
after mkt tops are better worse more style and cheaper or more costly?
tbh, i can't figure out how much is a standard soft top exactly from dealer, because everything is an upgrade price showing only differential.
Are you ordering new? There is a dual top option when you place your order. Regarding better or worse, I went with OEM however Bestop makes these so there is that. Find the look of the one you want, make a thread to see what others experience is.

You probably know this but the Soft Top requires install and complete removal for the hard top to be put back on. This can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Something to keep in mind if ordering from the factory. If you don't order the hard top, or the dual top package, it might not come with the wiring harness for the rear wiper motor and defroster.
Sponsored