Sponsored

Get rid of the soft top or not… thoughts?

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a dilemma…

About 4-5 weeks ago I decided to buy a soft top for summer. Searched around, not much there. I got a decent deal from the local Jeep dealer and made the plunge… ~$1650 after tax this thing showed up. I decided on the base top bc it’s only for summer and I didn’t want to pay +$600-700 for the premium top.

Fast forward… yesterday a premium used top showed up for sale, nice condition, massive discount, but missing the bolts and 2 brackets. I plunked out the cash and bought it. I have to say it is much nicer compared to the base top. I also like having the black underside vs gray.

So, here I sit… premium is on the Jeep and I do really like it. The new base top, which was actually pretty nice, used for maybe 3 weeks is sitting in the garage, although I would have to spend about $40 to get the missing bolts and brackets to have the compete set- unnecessary if I keep it.

Do I keep it just incase, or do I sell an almost brand new 2 door top?
Sponsored

morlan52

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
SCADA Engineer
So I have a dilemma…

About 4-5 weeks ago I decided to buy a soft top for summer. Searched around, not much there. I got a decent deal from the local Jeep dealer and made the plunge… ~$1650 after tax this thing showed up. I decided on the base top bc it’s only for summer and I didn’t want to pay +$600-700 for the premium top.

Fast forward… yesterday a premium used top showed up for sale, nice condition, massive discount, but missing the bolts and 2 brackets. I plunked out the cash and bought it. I have to say it is much nicer compared to the base top. I also like having the black underside vs gray.

So, here I sit… premium is on the Jeep and I do really like it. The new base top, which was actually pretty nice, used for maybe 3 weeks is sitting in the garage, although I would have to spend about $40 to get the missing bolts and brackets to have the compete set- unnecessary if I keep it.

Do I keep it just incase, or do I sell an almost brand new 2 door top?
I'd try listing it and see if you can sell it now, or keep it until next Spring and list it then. :like: The premium top should last you a long time if used seasonally.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Do u still have your Hard top? If you do...then sell it and put the cash into something else on your list. Or put it into the bank! If you are like me and many others here I switch out my soft to the hard in the fall and back in spring. I tuck it away nice and clean and covered in it's original box all ready for spring. Why would you need two?

OP
OP
CalPolyDM

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Do u still have your Hard top? If you do...then sell it and put the cash into something else on your list. Or put it into the bank! If you are like me and many others here I switch out my soft to the hard in the fall and back in spring. I tuck it away nice and clean and covered in it's original box all ready for spring. Why would you need two?
I have a hard top too. My only saving grace is I have less into both tops then you could get the new premium top for. 👍

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I’d sell it, make someone else happy, and have the cash in the bank to replace it with the premium you like better down the road, if you ever had to.

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Where are you located? I noticed a couple holes in my soft top.