DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Here is something I did not know : JD Power was purchased by a Hong Kong China company named " XIO Group " , per a Wall Street Journal article on 1-31-18 .

Here is another thing I did not know : Genesis ( top rated ) is owned by a South Korea company .

Where are the Genesises manufactured ? My Jeep is manufactured in Ohio , U.S.A.
Genesis is Hyundai's luxury brand.
Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I personally don't believe much of what JD powers has to say about vehicles and yes I agree they are paid.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Here is something I did not know : JD Power was purchased by a Hong Kong China company named " XIO Group " , per a Wall Street Journal article on 1-31-18 .

Here is another thing I did not know : Genesis ( top rated ) is owned by a South Korea company .

Where are the Genesises manufactured ? My Jeep is manufactured in Ohio , U.S.A.
From 40% foreign parts (and more, if you consider Canada "foreign"), including the Mexican V6...calm your jingoism.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've never really had any issues out of my Jeeps.. I owned my YJ for 5 years and my TJ for 6. Neither had any serious issues..

So far on the JL a factory recall and a radio flash.. All things considered, not bad a t all..

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
But Kia is number 2, if Genesis is Hyundai “luxury” brand then Kia is Hyundai’s...lets say “entry level” brand to be kind.

KillaRubi

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
IT
compared to my 15 JK, the JL is much better quality! The brakes, suspension, tires, fit and finish of the interior are all WAY better than my JK. My JK felt like it was still stuck in 2007...

NavyJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS; Bikini; Manual; Soft Top. Let the spending begin.
When people speak about reliability the biggest issue is bias and sample size. I had a Tacoma and a Civic and both of them were a POS more problems than any-other vehicles; while my TJ, JK, GC, and Silverado I have owned had what I would classify as typical car issues. That doesn't translate to reliability for the brand as a whole.
Go to any forum for any vehicle and complaints out number the good, we don't log in to ask a questions like "has anyone else experience no problems and having a great time?" It is more of who else has this problem.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
And then there was this one....... L O L

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I don't for one second believe that haha

Let's play a game, what percentage of 2018 Jeeps vs. 2018 Hondas will be around in 2038?

Jeep makes some cool stuff, and I'm excited for my Wrangler, but it's bizarre how much some fanboys want to believe they're something that they're not. Such as Japanese-level quality and reliability. Be real.

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I work at Porsche and have been selling them for years.... TRUST ME when I say this, please.. 90% of Jeep owners (just a guess on the percentage) do not post on forums of any kind. Generally speaking, the ONLY jeepers posting on here are when they have a problem or negative feedback. This is true everwhere. Very rarely does a client go online to post a positive review... so if we all monitor these forums daily, it would seem these JL's are falling apart... the reality is they aren't, and the problems are far and few between. My JL has 3k miles on it and absolutely no issues so far. Ive had 3 wranglers... this is by far the best product, imo, that Jeep has produced.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I don't for one second believe that haha

Let's play a game, what percentage of 2018 Jeeps vs. 2018 Hondas will be around in 2038?

Jeep makes some cool stuff, and I'm excited for my Wrangler, but it's bizarre how much some fanboys want to believe they're something that they're not. Such as Japanese-level quality and reliability. Be real.
I’m stuck here. Can you clarify your stance? Are you sayin Jeep or Honda for the one with the chance to see 2038? And you may need to further clarify- Wrangler or Jeep in general? I don’t see Patriots on the road for long, but they are a fraction of the Wrangler price.

I’ve owned several Hondas as well. In fact, wife is on her 2nd CRV. I would state the Wrangler and CRV are both quality. However, if you said Compass and CRV- that’s not even a fair fight.

Lots of factors go into these totals and I don’t consider JDPower to be any more of a schill than any other reporting entity. They all want money. But I still consider them valuable, just like my own personal experiences.
Sponsored