Status
Not open for further replies.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There are news reports of automotive parts shortages causing more delays. This time the delays are caused by the Freedom Trucker Convoy in Windsor Canada. Truckers are blockading the main entry point between Detroit and Canada.

I wonder how many Wrangler parts are going to be delayed?

This is a quote:

"The morning shift at Windsor Assembly Plant where Stellantis employs roughly 5,000 workers was sent home early on Tuesday due to a parts shortage, reports the Windsor Star."

"

https://driving.ca/auto-news/indust...nt-home-due-to-border-blockade-parts-shortage
Sponsored

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
It's only a temp delay, maybe for about a day to be honest. Big goverment wont let them get in the way of them making money. Money over people, 7 days a week.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
It's only a temp delay, maybe for about a day to be honest. Big goverment wont let them get in the way of them making money. Money over people, 7 days a week.
The convoy has been going on for a week now. But yesterday the truckers stopped blocking the ambassadors bridge Canada to USA side. And their are other routes to cross the border besides Detroit. Doesn’t help getting materials to the Windsor plant though. Plus finding a Canadian truck to move the product might be difficult.

what is made for wranglers at the Windsor plant?

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
The convoy has been going on for a week now. But yesterday the truckers stopped blocking the ambassadors bridge Canada to USA side. And their are other routes to cross the border besides Detroit. Doesn’t help getting materials to the Windsor plant though. Plus finding a Canadian truck to move the product might be difficult.

what is made for wranglers at the Windsor plant?
You DO realize that trucks are taking another route yes?
This is just for one or MANY roads. Thing is this one happens to be the more known road.
Nothing to stress about

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
You DO realize that trucks are taking another route yes?
This is just for one or MANY roads. Thing is this one happens to be the more known road.
Nothing to stress about
Lol. I wasn’t stressing. I drive a truck. After driving in Atlanta rush hour nothing stresses me anymore.

My point was the Canadian big government doesn’t seem to be winning this battle. At least not yet. Big money and big government ain’t doing to hot up there right now. Justin T. is close to pulling his hair out over this lol. And they now made it illegal to honk a horn. Hahahaha. The truckers have blocked the highways. Do their politicians really think they care about a ticket for blowing a horn? I find this crap funny to be honest.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.