Sponsored

German Jeep Wrangler JL Brochure - Specs and Price List

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Here's the German brochure for the Jeep Wrangler JL listing all specs and prices.

German-JL-Wrangler.jpg
Further proof that the JLUR is safely capable of towing 5500 lbs if you follow the towing speed limits of countries like Germany (62mph) and use trailer brakes for loads over 4500lbs or so, as required in countries like Germany.

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
Same price for Rubicon and Sahara?
Huh?

bohlmbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
The Rubi in the one larger photo has BFG mud tires and the specs show them to be 255 - looks like Germany doesn't get the 33" tires.

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
The Rubi in the one larger photo has BFG mud tires and the specs show them to be 255 - looks like Germany doesn't get the 33" tires.
I dont actually think that any EU rubi will have 33 tires, all jeep sites, German, Austrian, Italian; list them as 32 bfg mud terrains...both sahara and rubi practically get the same size tires

Sponsored

MisterT

First Name
Tilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500
If i order a Rubicon and i want a Hardtop in bodycolor, which is not orderable, can i order it as Sahara spare? Will it fit?

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
The top options are stupid. Sahara only comes with a body colored Hardtop... Why?

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
I may not have been paying attention but all models have selectrac as standard? So auto switching 4H mode as standard? Rubi included?

Mojito JLU Rubicon to order with a softop; bring it on :).

Helly Yella must have got lost in translation, lol

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
aaaah finally ... it was a long way for us in europe to have this ..... but it’s gonna be ... expansive ;-)
for a well equipped Rubicon it’s gonna turn around 65K something like that
and we still need to pay for steel bumper, lift kit , offload light kit, winch, high fenders, and for me in belgium ( LPG and van conversion ... +5K).
So i bet i will be around 85K for a perfect Rubicon....
Damn... i’ve waiting for him since 3 years now... but at this price... i will seriously consider a Mercedes C63S convertible.... no off road but at least i will have a V8

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
What are the options for dashboard colour?

I see the Sahara option pack contains leather dashboard, but nothing for Sport or Rubi.

Please tell me it is not red only.:facepalm:

Sponsored

GeorgeKen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non jeep
I got a more... “simple” question if I may to anyone who cares to asnwer seriously: Why does basic 2 door JL Sport cost around 25k (in euros) in USA and in Germany it costs 46.5k? I really wanted to get my first wrangler in a price that wouldn’t scream to my face “you are a gullible victim!”. After seeing this and considering that the prices in my country are even higher due to taxes, it’s highly unlikely that I will buy one.

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
I got a more... “simple” question if I may to anyone who cares to asnwer seriously: Why does basic 2 door JL Sport cost around 25k (in euros) in USA and in Germany it costs 46.5k? I really wanted to get my first wrangler in a price that wouldn’t scream to my face “you are a gullible victim!”. After seeing this and considering that the prices in my country are even higher due to taxes, it’s highly unlikely that I will buy one.
To try and answer your question, i don't think that you can simply make that comparison. While i do agree that the wrangler is certainly significantly higher priced in Europe, you must consider that an EU spec sport comes with the 2.2 diesel, which as we can see costs as much as a 2.0 turbo which is a premium in the US. Furthermore, in the base price you already have the 8 speed auto and selec-trac, which are all not standard on the US wrangler sport. Add only those options and the difference in price is much less. Looking at other options, i think the Eu models generally come with more standard equipment, which further raises the base price.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Tariffs and additional shipping cost.

GeorgeKen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non jeep
To try and answer your question, i don't think that you can simply make that comparison. While i do agree that the wrangler is certainly significantly higher priced in Europe, you must consider that an EU spec sport comes with the 2.2 diesel, which as we can see costs as much as a 2.0 turbo which is a premium in the US. Furthermore, in the base price you already have the 8 speed auto and selec-trac, which are all not standard on the US wrangler sport. Add only those options and the difference in price is much less. Looking at other options, i think the Eu models generally come with more standard equipment, which further raises the base price.

Thanks for both replies, it makes a bit more sense now considering the differences you mention. Still it makes it a bit hard to swallow the price difference, up to a point that i consider waiting 1 year or so and buy a used one with low millage and import it.. it will be interesting to see sales in Greece (JK starts at 56k here at most basic spec, so you can guess how many people buy new ones here...)

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
Thanks for both replies, it makes a bit more sense now considering the differences you mention. Still it makes it a bit hard to swallow the price difference, up to a point that i consider waiting 1 year or so and buy a used one with low millage and import it.. it will be interesting to see sales in Greece (JK starts at 56k here at most basic spec, so you can guess how many people buy new ones here...)
Yeah i think that in Europe there is a lot of variation from country to country. For instance for the old JK in Germany the official price for a 4 door rubicon is 50k €, wheres in my country Serbia, the same is 42k €. My 2012 4 door sahara for instance cost me 36k € with a little discount, which certainly sounds a lot cheaper then Greece. So i guess taxes and tariffs play a big role.
Sponsored