German Jeep Wrangler JL Brochure - Specs and Price List

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
I’m currently spec’ing a Camaro in the U.K. and there isn’t much in it these days once you are at a like for like on equipment ( well especially since it is no longer 2 dollars to the pound:headbang: )

Price rise JK to JL looks 10% to 15% depending on spec standpoint.

I wanted a soft top only cloth seated Rubi without keyless go, so I am happy.

Agree JK doesn’t go for list.
Sponsored

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
German prices still too high. They are better equipped and all, but you can get a GC Trailhawk or a fully loaded Toyota Land Cruiser for much less.
It just drives me away from the brand.

And it's a lot cheaper to import a Canadian one Even that is cheaper..
And no EU bumper

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
German prices still too high. They are better equipped and all, but you can get a GC Trailhawk or a fully loaded Toyota Land Cruiser for much less.
It just drives me away from the brand.

And it's a lot cheaper to import a Canadian one Even that is cheaper..
And no EU bumper
While i do agree, you must understand that the wrangler aimes at a niche market, and FCA knows this very well. If i was to consider the grand cherokee for instance, there is so much other vehicles that one might consider, as it is in my opinion just a regular SUV. The wrangler on the other hand, is quite specific and does not have any counterpart especially for that price range. They know that the people which have the specific needs and lifestyle for such a vehicle do not have many options, and many are prepared to pay the price.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
To try and answer your question, i don't think that you can simply make that comparison. While i do agree that the wrangler is certainly significantly higher priced in Europe, you must consider that an EU spec sport comes with the 2.2 diesel, which as we can see costs as much as a 2.0 turbo which is a premium in the US. Furthermore, in the base price you already have the 8 speed auto and selec-trac, which are all not standard on the US wrangler sport. Add only those options and the difference in price is much less. Looking at other options, i think the Eu models generally come with more standard equipment, which further raises the base price.
Can't say I agree with this statement. There is no way that upgraded options will add 21k to a price tag. That is a ludicrous difference in price for US vs. Europe. I feel sorry for you guys and not in a douche bag way, genuinely sorry that you guys get screwed like this. Yes some of the options will bump the price but I suspect it's tariff and taxes that are hitting you the hardest. 46K in the US will get you a heck of a lot of Jeep.
I can tell you this... when you are rock climbing, running a trail, etc... and you see what these beasts can do you sort of forget about the price/monthly payment for at least those hours :)

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
Look at the bumpers, Looks like front park assist sensors
Yes. The german brochure says front park assist sensors are standard on Sahara and Rubicon.
Not available for sport (like LED and leather)
Sponsored