Sponsored

Geometry Bracket and Steering Stabilizer for Jeep JL with 2.5 inch lift

4x4inthe6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimted
I'll be installing a AEV 2.5" Dualsport RT on my '21 JLUR shortly. For those opting for the adjustable track bar, are you ditching the track bar relocation brackets or are some of you using it in conjunction with the track bar? Can you get the adjustable track bar parallel with the drag link, or is it best to use it with the relocation bracket? My plan is to use the control arm reloaction brackets but use the adjustable track bars front and rear without relocation brackets. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'll be installing a AEV 2.5" Dualsport RT on my '21 JLUR shortly. For those opting for the adjustable track bar, are you ditching the track bar relocation brackets or are some of you using it in conjunction with the track bar? Can you get the adjustable track bar parallel with the drag link, or is it best to use it with the relocation bracket? My plan is to use the control arm reloaction brackets but use the adjustable track bars front and rear without relocation brackets. Any recommendations?
Your plan is the way I would go. Track bar relocation brackets won't be needed with track bars on a 2.5" lift. If you were to go really high say 4.5" then I could see both.

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
You'll need the rear trackbar tower

4x4inthe6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @SSinGA

I will take this recommendation. Is it your impression that the front is ok without the track bar relocation bracket? What is best practice for getting the trackbar and drag link parallel again? Is adding a dropeed pitman arm required?

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @SSinGA

I will take this recommendation. Is it your impression that the front is ok without the track bar relocation bracket? What is best practice for getting the trackbar and drag link parallel again? Is adding a dropeed pitman arm required?
Never ever use a drop pitman arm. Highly unlikely that the AEV lift with make it too out of whack or they would provide a bracket.

Sponsored

4x4inthe6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheers @SSinGA

I am ordering the kit today. I have a few weeks until I get it slapped on. Your help is appreciated.

Using just an adjustable track bar up front, do you think this would get acceptably parallel with the drag link? What would be best to avoid bump steer? An adjustabel track bar + relocation bracket or just the adjustable track bar? Thanks again!

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheers @SSinGA

I am ordering the kit today. I have a few weeks until I get it slapped on. Your help is appreciated.

Using just an adjustable track bar up front, do you think this would get acceptably parallel with the drag link? What would be best to avoid bump steer? An adjustable track bar + relocation bracket or just the adjustable track bar? Thanks again!
We have a 3.5" Rock Krawler lift with just an adjustable track bar and factory steering stabilizer and it has no bump steer issues (of course caster has been corrected)

If you plan to go off-road this is a good addition - https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-rocksport-axle-disconnect-skid-plate-upgrade-kit.html

We'll probably add the stab relocation this summer when we install the Steer Smarts Yeti steering components.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
You'll need the rear trackbar tower
I called AEV about this same question (adjustable track bar in place of relocation bracket) and they highly suggested using the rear trackbar tower even with the adjustable bar as it corrects the roll center.

Now I just need my track bars to show up.
Sponsored