limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Why? Is that any reason? He was very confident on that.
Again - Your installer does not sound to be competent. Find another shop ASAP!!

Cams do not provided enough adjustment, and can move plus the axle-side bracket has to be permanently modified. If you ever go to new adjustable control arms you will have to have a filler plate welded in.

Here is the best cost effective solution IMO. https://www.quadratec.com/p/rancho/geometry-correction-brackets-jeep-wrangler-jl
I completely agree with @SSinGA . Please walk, run, drive, fly as fast and as far away from that installer as you can! There's a few "right ways" to lift a Jeep, all of which have been outlined for you in this thread. There's a bunch of "wrong" ways to lift a Jeep, all of which your installer wants to do.

Ultimately it is your Jeep and your money. My best advice is to do it the right way, the first time. You'll be glad you did.
Sponsored

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Why? Is that any reason? He was very confident on that.
You ever open up a box of band aids and see those wee little ones to use when you nick yourself shaving?
Using a cam washer kit is like using one of those band aids on a bullet wound. It'll work ... for a few seconds anyways.

OP
OP
mc007

mc007

First Name
Manan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL sahara 2018
Thank you all.. I have got the quote from other company. How this below set up is looking

R/E JL7141
RUBICON EXPRESS Super-Ride 2.5" Suspension Kit w/o Front Lower Control Arms, 4-Door
Only for 18-up Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited

FOX 985-24-177
FOX 2.0 Performance Series IFP Shock, Front for 18-up Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited & 20-up
Jeep Gladiator JT [01.00]

FOX 985-24-178
Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP Shock, Rear for 18-up Jeep Wrangler JL & JL Unlimited

JKS 6201
JKS Control Arm Correction Bracket Kit for 18-up Jeep Wrangler JL & JL Unlimited [00.50]

FOX 985-24-173
FOX 2.0 Performance Series IFP Steering Stabilizer for 18-up Jeep Wrangler JL & JL
Unlimited and 20-up Gladiator JT [00.50]

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all.. I have got the quote from other company. How this below set up is looking

R/E JL7141
RUBICON EXPRESS Super-Ride 2.5" Suspension Kit w/o Front Lower Control Arms, 4-Door

FOX 985-24-177
FOX 2.0 Performance Series IFP Shock, Front for 18-up Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited & 20-up

FOX 985-24-178
Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP Shock, Rear for 18-up Jeep Wrangler JL & JL Unlimited

JKS 6201
JKS Control Arm Correction Bracket Kit for 18-up Jeep Wrangler JL & JL Unlimited [00.50]

FOX 985-24-173
FOX 2.0 Performance Series IFP Steering Stabilizer for 18-up Jeep Wrangler JL & JL
Like others and myself have said, you should get a complete kit, you’ll be better off in the long run. I would add front adjustable track bar and rear track bar relo bracket if you insist on getting this kit.

If your looking at this kit because of budget then consider this....these numbers are rounded off but it’s close...... your setup as you listed it is 1370.00. If you want to do it right then add at least 250.00 for track bar and relocate bracket. Now your at 1620.00 ish.

As @SSinGA stated, the MC kit is 1375.00 without shocks, so your shocks listed for 600ish, so your at 1975.00 and a way better kit that you can expand on as you get more into off-roading. Also ,since I’m a fan , I have to recommend RK as well. The RK 2.5 Adventure Series 2 kit is complete and it includes shocks tuned to there springs.

Anyway you’ve gotten some really solid advice from these guys, and we’re all in agreement on our suggestion to you, buy once, cry once, and do it right.

Just my .02, best of luck to you with your build my friend.

Sponsored

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

R/E JL7141

FOX 985-24-177

FOX 985-24-178

JKS 6201

FOX 985-24-173
Going to continue to piggy back off of others. A kit that was designed to work as a whole is going to work better than a piecemeal kit. I've had the MetalCloak kit for 2 years now and have done plenty of wheeling with it and it's simply fantastic.

The rocksport shocks that MetalCloak will give you for an extra 300 I think are absolutely worth it, and were designed to work with that kit. The kit aggregates all of our recommendations into a one click buy and you also get excellent customer support with that company.

"Buy once, cry once" absolutely applies here. None of us stand to gain anything by recommending these options to you. We have personally done, or known people that have pieced together kits and generally speaking, they wish they would've just bought a kit designed to work together.

I'll stress again that installing the kit yourself will alleviate a lot of the costs and allow more room in the budget to get a better kit. Plus, you can't put a price on looking at your finished lift and having the satisfaction of knowing that you did it with your own 2 hands, and likely learned a few things along the way.

Final note, you really don't need to buy another steering stabilizer unless you've destroyed yours already.

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Tons of great info here. I also have a 18 JLU Sahara and was in the market for a lift. The Rubitrux guys were incredibly helpful advising me on a solution based on my needs. I decided on the AEV DualSport RT 2.5” kit and Teraflex Alpine IR front track bar. Having it installed next week.

LostAggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Tons of great info here. I also have a 18 JLU Sahara and was in the market for a lift. The Rubitrux guys were incredibly helpful advising me on a solution based on my needs. I decided on the AEV DualSport RT 2.5” kit and Teraflex Alpine IR front track bar. Having it installed next week.
Interested in the AEV kit. How has that gone?

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Interested in the AEV kit. How has that gone?
Went really well. The kit fits like a glove. I had a local 4WP shop do the install. I certainly got more than 2.5”. The kit definitely tightened everything up with a much firmer ride and doesn’t feel as soft. I prefer a stiffer ride. AEV provided a really nice kit, IMO. Not the best picture, but should give you some idea on height. I’m sitting on XD Monster 2 18x9 and BFG KO2 275/70R18
Jeep Wrangler JL Geometry Bracket and Steering Stabilizer for Jeep JL with 2.5 inch lift 0C1146DD-0A26-46FD-A255-95991565C503

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
Great thread here!! I just did a 2.5" lift & it didn't come with any relocation brackets. I've ordered the Steersmarts front adjustable track bar. I'm going to get some adjustable lca's and a rear trackbar relocation bracket.

Sponsored

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
For a 2.5" kit a rear track bar bracket will be fine for 9/10 drivers. A front adjustable track bar bracket is good if you want to be center the front axle afterwards but not completely necessary. I wouldnt do a front track bar bracket unless you were doing a high steer kit which you dont want to do for that size lift. Replacing the front lower control arms is the best way to correct that caster but you dont necessarily need adjustable ones. You could just get slightly longer ones like the tearflex sport arms. But with a 2.5" you're only going to lose about 2° of caster which isnt the end of the world. Just depends on your budget and use. Super low offset wheels will cause wondering more than low caster

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
For a 2.5" kit a rear track bar bracket will be fine for 9/10 drivers. A front adjustable track bar bracket is good if you want to be center the front axle afterwards but not completely necessary. I wouldnt do a front track bar bracket unless you were doing a high steer kit which you dont want to do for that size lift. Replacing the front lower control arms is the best way to correct that caster but you dont necessarily need adjustable ones. You could just get slightly longer ones like the tearflex sport arms. But with a 2.5" you're only going to lose about 2° of caster which isnt the end of the world. Just depends on your budget and use. Super low offset wheels will cause wondering more than low caster
I disagree with this. IMO this is a safety issue and it ALWAYS need to be corrected. The JL already has poor steering and is on the edge of the caster angle needed for better drivability. Why would anyone not want to center the front axle and bring the caster and control arm angle back into line?

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree with this. IMO this is a safety issue and it ALWAYS need to be corrected. The JL already has poor steering and is on the edge of the caster angle needed for better drivability. Why would anyone not want to center the front axle and bring the caster and control arm angle back into line?
I disagree wholeheartedly on this too. In addition to what @SSinGA stated, losing 2* of caster would lead to some terrible handling, unless you were starting at 8* of caster, which you're not. A stock Rubicon already is around 4.8*, no way would it be safe or comfortable driving with not even 3* of caster. Any lift to a Rubicon mandates some kind of caster correction. Hell, a caster correction on a stock Rubicon is almost mandatory.

The stock track bar is adequate for stock tires. But with the additional forces being acted upon the suspension by adding a lift and bigger/heavier tires, also makes an aftermarket front track bar mandatory. Unless you like poor handling and potential death wobble. If I were to scrimp on a lift, I'd chose to forgo a rear track bar way before I'd elect to not get a front track bar. The track bar is one of the most important pieces of your front suspension.

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree wholeheartedly on this too. In addition to what @SSinGA stated, losing 2* of caster would lead to some terrible handling, unless you were starting at 8* of caster, which you're not. A stock Rubicon already is around 4.8*, no way would it be safe or comfortable driving with not even 3* of caster. Any lift to a Rubicon mandates some kind of caster correction. Hell, a caster correction on a stock Rubicon is almost mandatory.

The stock track bar is adequate for stock tires. But with the additional forces being acted upon the suspension by adding a lift and bigger/heavier tires, also makes an aftermarket front track bar mandatory. Unless you like poor handling and potential death wobble. If I were to scrimp on a lift, I'd chose to forgo a rear track bar way before I'd elect to not get a front track bar. The track bar is one of the most important pieces of your front suspension.
Im not saying you shouldnt. Obviously you should get all angles as close to spec as you can. Im simply saying that for some people if its not an option due to cost or whatever else its not the end of the world. Im an installer and ive driven hundreds of jeeps with caster ranging from 2° up to over 8°. Its important but a 2° difference is going to be negligible for the majority of drivers on the road. As far the front track bar again it comes back to use. Are you off-roading with big tires? Then yes you should upgrade. Only street driven with 33's? Not as crucial.

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
My steersmarts front adjustable track bar came in last week. It's 16 lbs heavier than the stock one!! Went on easy and has made a HUGE difference!! Steering feels so much tighter.
Jeep Wrangler JL Geometry Bracket and Steering Stabilizer for Jeep JL with 2.5 inch lift 20201216_171753
Sponsored