Sponsored

Genius Battery Charger mount & Inlet install. Lots of pics!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Very nice, I just 3M taped mine to the top of the fuse box lid..
Hey, it works..

59A1DD86-06B2-4539-A81A-2C2A4CA081D5.jpeg
Sponsored

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
To make life easy, I plug my noco genius 10 into the power socket in the rear compartment. My garage has an AC power socket near the rear bumper, so its really simple to plug it in. Itā€™s a smart charger, and the plug in the rear carries a 20amp fuse.
after a month, this works really well.

before, I was opening the bonnet and connecting directly to the battery. Thatā€™s a real pain to have to do ... which is why this thread offered a solution.
while I didnā€™t go as far as the OP, I appreciate all the work done and comments.
thank you!

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
So my stop start stopped working. Always says battery charging...

I have the 2.0 etorque. So I checked the voltage while it was off and it was 11.8V range. That's pretty low isn't it? Always starts and while driving the 48V seems to be charging it ok as the readout is in the mid 14V range while driving, but the radio started resetting itself lots now. Maybe related?

Anyways got the NOCO and hooked it up and after a few hours it showed fully charged and voltage was 12.7V last night, and 12.5V this morning. Hoping having this thing hooked up will prolong the life of the battery.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Altitude
Excellent install, does it charge the auxilary or smaller battery? How is it working out? I was thinking of putting the plug at the back on a seven pin trailer bracket. 2 of them. One for block heater and one for the charger.

20230126_102504.jpg

Screenshot_20230126-102602_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Sponsored

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Altitude
For the Noco Eyelet quick connect, is it the M6 or the M10 one we need?
I looked for the answer to your question with no luck. I know this is over a year ago you posted the question, however which size did you use M6 or M10? I ordered both sizes for my Noco Genius 10 and I know have the same question.

Atomic5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLR šŸ›ø
To make life easy, I plug my noco genius 10 into the power socket in the rear compartment. My garage has an AC power socket near the rear bumper, so its really simple to plug it in. Itā€™s a smart charger, and the plug in the rear carries a 20amp fuse.
after a month, this works really well.
Hello, could you expand on this? Is an adapter needed, etc. Thanks

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
No adapter needed. The Nico comes with a cigarette type plug that fits the power outlet in the rear compartment. The power outlet is direct to battery. If itā€™s set to A/C ie needs ignition, then you just move the fuse position .
Thereā€™s an air vent in the rear door hidden by the spare wheel, through which the cable easily passes. I have a wall power outlet right by the rear of the jeep, so itā€™s really easy to use.