Genesis Offroad Dual Battery Issue

Bluebear

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
Anyone with the Genesis Offroad dual battery kit have issues with the start/stop system? I have a 2018 on the latest Uconnect 8.4" software as far as I know.

Usually during normal driving after about 6 stop/starts I get an error that disables the start/stop system until I restart the JL. When offroading and stop/start was disabled I’ve received the error although at the time my battery voltages were low from running my fridge.

Regardless of what people think of start/stop in general it’s just nice not to have an error show up if I can help it. I’m curious if I’m the only person receiving this error and there is a real issue or just the changes to the power cables makes this occur.

If you have the kit do you get the error? What model year is your JL? What Uconnect version are you running?

Beyond the error the dual battery kit is freakin sweet!
Sponsored

usadxb1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Never had an error with the kit in my 2018. ABR fridge powered all summer in Phoenix

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Anyone with the Genesis Offroad dual battery kit have issues with the start/stop system? I have a 2018 on the latest Uconnect 8.4" software as far as I know.

Usually during normal driving after about 6 stop/starts I get an error that disables the start/stop system until I restart the JL. When offroading and stop/start was disabled I’ve received the error although at the time my battery voltages were low from running my fridge.

Regardless of what people think of start/stop in general it’s just nice not to have an error show up if I can help it. I’m curious if I’m the only person receiving this error and there is a real issue or just the changes to the power cables makes this occur.

If you have the kit do you get the error? What model year is your JL? What Uconnect version are you running?

Yes, mine does the same thing and I don't have any accessories running on mine yet. It intermittently throws the service start stop until I turn the car off and back on, just as you describe.

I'm starting to wonder if my cranking battery is actually bad. I might try swapping the two batteries to see if that is the issue.

I'm curious what you find out on your end as well.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Posted about this here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...road-dual-battery-kit.5422/page-9#post-879046 , it looks like the battery sensor is connected to the wrong battery. It should be monitoring the main/charging battery, not the accessory battery. Try moving it to the other battery to see if that helps.
Hmmm, the sensor is connected to the negative terminal of the accessory battery. But there is a solid cable running from the accessory negative to the starter battery negative. So moving it will not have any affect at all. All the negatives are hard wired together.

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Hmmm, the sensor is connected to the negative terminal of the accessory battery. But there is a solid cable running from the accessory negative to the starter battery negative. So moving it will not have any affect at all. All the negatives are hard wired together.
Not true, the sensor is measuring the current into and out of the battery it's attached to, it does not measure the current into and out of any other battery. Here's a diagram I made for my IBS thread.

IBS operation.PNG

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I have had zero problems with the Genesis dual battery system. My Rubi had the OEM large output option. I removed both of the OEM AGM batteries. The Stop-Start system still worked.

OP
OP
Bluebear

Bluebear

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
I have had zero problems with the Genesis dual battery system. My Rubi had the OEM large output option. I removed both of the OEM AGM batteries. The Stop-Start system still worked.
Mine still works until the 7th or so stop/start cycle of the drive. Turn off and start the Jeep again resets that number. Does yours work longer than that?

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine still works until the 7th or so stop/start cycle of the drive. Turn off and start the Jeep again resets that number. Does yours work longer than that?
That is exactly what mine does as well. I also have a Rubi with tow package, which gives the higher output alternator.

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
While I do not have a Genesis dual battery system (yet?) I also have the same issue with the stop/start system. Every now and then it goes stupid and forgets how it is suppose to be set, I am running a SmartStopStart device.

Sponsored

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK Rubicon, '18 JL Rubicon, '21 JT Rubicon

Hey Bluebear,
I just saw your post. I actually just replied to this question on another thread. Please check out this thread for a full explanation, and let me know if you have any questions!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-anyone-with-issues.45582/page-4#post-1007151
Sponsored