KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea if the Tazer JL programmer can be used to bypass the battery charging sensor?
Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Any idea if the Tazer JL programmer can be used to bypass the battery charging sensor?
This is not a current option. I also don’t think it would be a good idea as it might trigger an actual problem and some Christmas tree action.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
For those with the kit, both of my batteries are showing at 14.1 but the indicator on the G screen is still showing boost off. Even after depressing it for 3 seconds it remains this way. I can press the button under the hood on the genesis unit and hear it click but the switch on the G screen does nothing except switch display modes. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

Shane fixed my issue. Amazing customer service!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Wish a person from Genesis would be on the forum to answer some of our questions on charging. I’m close to pulling the trigger on this because I’m running quite a few accessories on my batt ( Fridge, compressor, audio amp, lights, soon a will winch) and I can’t afford to be left stranded due ti inadequate battery charging. Yes I know all these accessories wont be on at same time but stil.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Wish a person from Genesis would be on the forum to answer some of our questions on charging. I’m close to pulling the trigger on this because I’m running quite a few accessories on my batt ( Fridge, compressor, audio amp, lights, soon a will winch) and I can’t afford to be left stranded due ti inadequate battery charging. Yes I know all these accessories wont be on at same time but stil.
Call them. They are a great company. After installing the last one I love them. We’ve had no issues with them not charging correctly, acts just like stock to me

Brett

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I sent them an email way back when I was seeing the issue in the particular case but I never received a reply. Calling is probably your best bet. I guess it all depends on how you tend to use the 2nd battery and your charging/driving characteristics. Just buy and install it, if you find your 2nd battery not charging sufficiently in your usage you can always disconnect the IBS sensor so that both batteries charge all the time.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
They really need to have the IBS on the main battery. If you're that close, contact them and volunteer to work with them on that setup.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So here is what I would like to do with the dual battery system. I want to use it just to replace the OEM aux battery with a better battery and into a location that is easily accessible:
batteries.jpg

The JL already handles combining and charging of the batteries so I don't need the genesis relay and electronics. I do lose the ability to disconnect those two batteries when the engine is off. This would be important if I had a fridge I was running but I don't have anything like that. I would then add a battery combiner switch between the two positive battery terminals for use in an emergency if the main battery failed.

shopping.png

Any thoughts on this?

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
shopping.png

Any thoughts on this?
I was looking at running one of these as a winch disconnect. They seem to be the only quality high amperage affordable disconnect switch available. I also liked that they are marine-grade.

Sponsored

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Those engine bays are so clean... I just finished my install. Laying out plans for the G screen now to get it through the firewall any suggestions?

373E224E-5E21-4745-BBA1-08AFCB6E18DC.jpeg

719E4962-08FA-47BA-9464-6838A6C97D37.jpeg

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Should I be worried about a burning rubber smell after install? I checked my lines and they seem to be fine. No melting wires here...

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone been in contact with Genesis Offroad? I tried looking them up on their website, but says that their website is no longer active. Thanks.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase