Genesis Off-Road Dual Battery Kit

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
I have one of these dual battery kits coming. Any one have any experience with one on the 2.0 turbo?
Any update on this? Do you have this with a 2.0 ETorque? From what I understand the Etorque doesn't have the Aux battery so install would be even more simple. Please let me know how yours has been so far. Thanks.
Sponsored

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
It has been great so far. No issues at all, I have my stereo system and winch connected to the secondary battery. I am using the Odyssey AGM batteries that Genesis recommended.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on this? Do you have this with a 2.0 ETorque? From what I understand the Etorque doesn't have the Aux battery so install would be even more simple. Please let me know how yours has been so far. Thanks.
I installed this in my 2.0. Zero issues.

You are correct, there is not a small aux battery underneath from the factory. I also run a dc/dc charger to the rear of the Jeep for a third battery.

Sponsored

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the Genesis battery kit. Took me three hours and the install was flawless. I just followed the instructions in the video on their web site. I was a little intimidated at first but the video is very good. I’m so happy with the result. Highly recommend. Feel more secure knowing I have more reliable power.

pizzapants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Yes it fits great and works well with the BSG battery. On the 2.0 L. engine there is No mini battery under the main engine battery, so with the Genesis system you gain a battery and these Odyssey batteries have 850 CCA verse the 750 CCA the original battery have,
Just to confirm, as Im putting one in this weekend. I have a JL with the 2.0 non-etorque engine. There is no secondary battery? I assume that means I can just skip that entire portion of the install and its as simple as replacing the main battery and wiring it up in the new battery housing?

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Just to confirm, as Im putting one in this weekend. I have a JL with the 2.0 non-etorque engine. There is no secondary battery? I assume that means I can just skip that entire portion of the install and its as simple as replacing the main battery and wiring it up in the new battery housing?
He was referring to 2.0L etorque engine. With the 48V battery in that system, there is no smaller aux battery under the big main battery in the engine bay. I am almost positive you have the second small aux battery since you don't have the etorque system. This is going to be fun in a few years with all these engine changes FCA is making!

Sponsored

pizzapants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
He was referring to 2.0L etorque engine. With the 48V battery in that system, there is no smaller aux battery under the big main battery in the engine bay. I am almost positive you have the second small aux battery since you don't have the etorque system. This is going to be fun in a few years with all these engine changes FCA is making!
Thanks, thats kinda what I figured.

One other question for ya'll. The instructions are kinda vague in regards to when to use the main stud vs the smaller ones for high/low amp stuff.

Trying to decide where to wire my ARB twin compressor and outlet for my fridge.

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just ordered one of these as I found myself stuck on the trail last weekend. Is my big battery bad? My little one? As I understand it both can cause the rig not to crank. What a crappy stock setup. So, this is mostly to give me peace of mind, and maybe someday I'll be running accessories too. But I'm mostly a day tripper.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a super easy install. You will be glad you did it.

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
higher draw stuff like winch and compressors go on the main studs. Call Genesis and ask - they are very responsive

QUOTE="pizzapants, post: 1253176, member: 56484"]
Thanks, thats kinda what I figured.

One other question for ya'll. The instructions are kinda vague in regards to when to use the main stud vs the smaller ones for high/low amp stuff.

Trying to decide where to wire my ARB twin compressor and outlet for my fridge.
[/QUOTE]

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I would put both of them on the bus bar.
Sponsored