Vehicle(s)
'16 JK Rubicon, '18 JL Rubicon, '21 JT Rubicon

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
Nice but, no cover for current owners?
Hard to swallow $450 for a cover because we have to replace the whole top setup.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
And i bought a Gen2 2 weeks ago, with NO CLUE that a Gen3 was coming :LOL:

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice but, no cover for current owners?
Hard to swallow $450 for a cover because we have to replace the whole top setup.
The Gen 3 system is completely new from top to bottom. New smart battery combiner, boost switch, bus bars, heavy duty wiring, and of course the cover.

Unfortunately plastic injection molding is very expensive, especially here in the USA, so it's just not cost effective for us to produce a plastic cover piece for the previous model.

One option we've considered is offering a 3D printable model that you could download and print yourself. It would just take a little time to put that together.

Sponsored

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
That's crazy I was about to order the other one a couple weeks ago but held off. Super glad I did now. I'm definitely looking into getting this gen 3 version at the end of this year. It all looks so much more professionally done especially with the cover.

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's crazy I was about to order the other one a couple weeks ago but held off. Super glad I did now. I'm definitely looking into getting this gen 3 version at the end of this year. It all looks so much more professionally done especially with the cover.
Thank you! Glad to hear that!

Our Gen 2 JL kits are still available as well. That's still a super heavy duty system that is designed to outlast your vehicle.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome! Your system was designed to be heavy duty and to outlast your vehicle, so you can certainly enjoy it for a long time to come! If you do decide that you'd like to upgrade to the new version one day, you can easily swap the lid!

https://www.genesisoffroad.com/Gen-3-Power-Hub-for-Group-25-Kits_p_257.html

Uhhh, i guess. This post doesnt get me THAT hyped up. I mean: i buy a ~$500 unit that will solve my problem, but you didnt give me any customer courtesy to let me know there is new hardware available. Instead i bought a brand new product, just to find out (the next week) there is a newer product. And you post this, to suggest that i can upgrade at any time (for an additional $600). Not sure who you are trying to impress, but it's not me.

Dont get me wrong, i'll enjoy your last gen (Gen2 product), but i'm not as excited about it. It would be cool for you to offer me some type of trade-up (if anything).

I would agree with the above statement: you guys "kindof" listened to your customers. You listened in the aspect of product development, more as to acquire new customers, But (as stated), you didnt address the want from current customers. To that, i would say that you 1/2 listened.

I wish you guys continued success, but i think you're creating a bunch of hub-bub, when it's not fully deserved (unfortunately).
Sponsored