Sponsored

Genesis Dual Battery Kit? Which Batteries Are You Using? How it Saved Your Day Experiences

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't some using this same path as a way to run other accessory cables? Makes sense so long as it's not pinched. I may steal your idea and use it in the future since I'll never drop the windshield for any reason afterwards anyway.
Yes, I have seen others use the under the windshield path for getting radio antennas out to a cowl mount. It beats fishing through the firewall. Especially for those that have a manual trans like I do.

I don’t ever lower my windshield either but if you do it still could work with some additional zip ties or something to keep the cable In the right place. It’s not too hard to hold it there as the windshield is closed up as well.

Good luck with your install!
Sponsored

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Full Throttle batteries are absolutely a nice upgrade from lead acid, and we have those in stock right now. However, if the Jeep starts ok, the issue with the remote start feature probably isn't voltage related. I'd recommend popping the cover for the fuse box, and make sure all the fuses and relays are pressed down and fully seated. I've seen this resolve all sorts of odd gremlins. Hope this helps!
Not the fuses. They were all seated great.

I try remote start, get the two beeps and light flash, and hear the starter click. That's it. If I get in, she starts fine. If I do a long drive and get the batteries to full charge, she'll remote start just fine the next morning. I need to check the voltage to verify, but we're into winter and it's too damn cold.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Not the fuses. They were all seated great.

I try remote start, get the two beeps and light flash, and hear the starter click. That's it. If I get in, she starts fine. If I do a long drive and get the batteries to full charge, she'll remote start just fine the next morning. I need to check the voltage to verify, but we're into winter and it's too damn cold.
Gbr! Dumb question? Have you checked the battery in your remote? Also I agree with Shane on the full river batteries. Also Shane has a great Genesis dual battery system you should check out.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Full River and no G screen, the idea of me cutting into that small are just made me to nervous but my Genesis sys have been in quite awhile and zero issues, I have over extended my crank battery while out leaving lights and stereo on and ran it down to NO START but pushed that magic button and away I went 👍🏻

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I went with Full River and no G screen, the idea of me cutting into that small are just made me to nervous but my Genesis sys have been in quite awhile and zero issues, I have over extended my crank battery while out leaving lights and stereo on and ran it down to NO START but pushed that magic button and away I went 👍🏻
I'm going with the same setup without the G screen.

Knowing this system will get you going is the kind of built in ability and security I'm looking for. Can't wait to install this kit. Just received my Full River batteries this week and have an Odyssey 20 amp AGM battery charger on the way.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going with the same setup without the G screen.

Knowing this system will get you going is the kind of built in ability and security I'm looking for. Can't wait to install this kit. Just received my Full River batteries this week and have an Odyssey 20 amp AGM battery charger on the way.
Odyssey 20 is a great charger, I use mine once a month for a recondition and use a NOCO 10 for a weekly overnight top-off, the Odyssey holds the voltage at 14+ for approx 6-8 hrs which is what the Full River batteries like to see based on their charging curve. The NOCO charging algorithm is a little different as it ramps up to 14+ and then drops down and then ramps up again based on there design, from what I could gather from my many talks with them it ramps up and performs some checks and then drops down to what it determines is the maximum rate charge allowed.

Before you install make sure all the prewired stuff on the top tray is tight and also make sure the connector coming out of the top of the smart isolator is clipped in on both sides, mine was only clipped on one side and it has a water tight seal under it making it hard to seat but it’s easier to check this and correct before the install especially if your Jeep is lifted, also put a light coat of dielectric on all terminals and since you would have it apart check the IBS connector for any internal corrosion.

I spent way to much time researching batteries and chargers and my OCD loved the attention 🤪

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
That’s good to hear.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Gbr! Dumb question? Have you checked the battery in your remote? Also I agree with Shane on the full river batteries. Also Shane has a great Genesis dual battery system you should check out.
I figure if the Jeep is going through the process of a remote start, and the remote start works after a long drive (full battery), that the remote battery is fine. I've also tried my spare fob and it does the same thing. Am I wrong?

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I figure if the Jeep is going through the process of a remote start, and the remote start works after a long drive (full battery), that the remote battery is fine. I've also tried my spare fob and it does the same thing. Am I wrong?
No ! I believe that should be correct. Electrical issues suck. Sounds like from your description your battery seems to have a drain. Maybe the drain is in the remote start system. Just throwing out ideas.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No ! I believe that should be correct. Electrical issues suck. Sounds like from your description your battery seems to have a drain. Maybe the drain is in the remote start system. Just throwing out ideas.
It worked fine until these cheapo batteries and the genesis system went in. I've order two Full Throttle batteries, so we'll see if that fixes the issue. I should have them in the next 3 or 4 weeks (local provider in Canada).

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
It worked fine until these cheapo batteries and the genesis system went in. I've order two Full Throttle batteries, so we'll see if that fixes the issue. I should have them in the next 3 or 4 weeks (local provider in Canada).
I didn’t know you had the Genesis system already what batteries did you use I have full river in mine and since the day I install that system the jeep has been doing better it starts better runs better etc.
I used to try and go the cheaper route but always ended up getting screwed and in the end cost me more. Now, I just bite the bullet and pay up front even if I have to do with out something else.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Why does it take you so long to get batteries. Genesis has them in stock according to last info.

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Why does it take you so long to get batteries. Genesis has them in stock according to last info.
From my understanding they are sent out from one of two different warehouses depending on your location. Received mine after about two weeks. Maybe the warehouses are located at geographic oddities and are two weeks from everywhere lol.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
From my understanding they are sent out from one of two different warehouses depending on your location. Received mine after about two weeks. Maybe the warehouses are located at geographic oddities and are two weeks from everywhere lol.
I guess I was lucky received mine less than a week.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I didn’t know you had the Genesis system already what batteries did you use I have full river in mine and since the day I install that system the jeep has been doing better it starts better runs better etc.
I used to try and go the cheaper route but always ended up getting screwed and in the end cost me more. Now, I just bite the bullet and pay up front even if I have to do with out something else.
I got a local supplier's cheap lead acid batteries. $70 a battery. It's all I could get when I did the install. I figured it would get me through the next 4 months and then I would order Full Throttle in the spring.
Sponsored