Sponsored

Genesis Dual Battery Kit? Which Batteries Are You Using? How it Saved Your Day Experiences

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Thanks for that! It does look good there. This will probably be a winter project for me.
FYI I was only charged 182 dollars for the labor. It was worth it for me, no hassle or back pain. I like the position by the mirror as Shane’s video shows because you can see it naturally and ease of operation. Some other installs I’ve seen doesn’t make sense. I don’t know how they could read the screen if it’s down by your knees. The one right under the e-brake handle would make me think I would be hitting it with my knuckles during e- brake operation. Don’t forget to measure the length of the cable before you begin. Good luck.

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
@wolf
I really like the display location. The wiring from batteries to firewall is not my preference. Maybe that will be resolved soon by longer a longer cable by Genesis.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
@wolf
I really like the display location. The wiring from batteries to firewall is not my preference. Maybe that will be resolved soon by longer a longer cable by Genesis.
As you can see mine went across the back of the engine, not my favorite but it worked. I wanted them to install it like Shane did in his video however I was told it was to short by about 10 inches to put it against the back of the firewall. originally they did have it so, but when they went to connect the ribbon to the brain there wasn’t enough length and had to take it back off the firewall and install as you see it, which is really not bad but not where I wanted. I think the dealer installer at Daytona’s Garage did a great install. Just remember, if you do it make sure you have the proper length. Rick

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
As you can see mine went across the back of the engine, not my favorite but it worked. I wanted them to install it like Shane did in his video however I was told it was to short by about 10 inches to put it against the back of the firewall. originally they did have it so, but when they went to connect the ribbon to the brain there wasn’t enough length and had to take it back off the firewall and install as you see it, which is really not bad but not where I wanted. I think the dealer installer at Daytona’s Garage did a great install. Just remember, if you do it make sure you have the proper length. Rick
Is this with the 10' cable? I swear I recently saw that Genesis lengthened the cable to 11' to solve for this exact issue.

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Is this with the 10' cable? I swear I recently saw that Genesis lengthened the cable to 11' to solve for this exact issue.
I saw that also. Unfortunately I did not measure it. Just gave the complete box to the installer. My bad.

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK Rubicon, '18 JL Rubicon, '21 JT Rubicon
I saw that also. Unfortunately I did not measure it. Just gave the complete box to the installer. My bad.
Yeah that's the 10' cable. We just recently started shipping the 11' cable. The new 11' cable also has an overmolded backshell that plugs into the port on the battery kit as shown below compared to the 10' cable with the manually assembled backshell.

Jeep Wrangler JL Genesis Dual Battery Kit? Which Batteries Are You Using? How it Saved Your Day Experiences G Screen backshell comparison (Medium)

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I thought so, I need Genesis to make me a 10 inch or so pig tail to connect to the installed cable then I can move the cable to the Firewall and get it off the top back of the engine. By the way, when the order said jl, should have been a hint. There is no way I’m going to have them completely uninstall the great job they did. Something so easy turned into a pita. If I knew I would have ordered the longer cable. Thanks

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I installed two cheap lead acid batteries in mine. The Jeep starts and runs fine, but remote start no longer works. My assumption is the battery just doesn't hold enough power and the computer says no go.

I'll be moving to Full Throttle ASAP.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I got the 10' cable with my kit. I didn't realize there might be issues with length before reading this thread. I'm going to first see if I can route it a different way, perhaps from the passenger side before I try to get the longer cable.

Sponsored

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK Rubicon, '18 JL Rubicon, '21 JT Rubicon
I installed two cheap lead acid batteries in mine. The Jeep starts and runs fine, but remote start no longer works. My assumption is the battery just doesn't hold enough power and the computer says no go.

I'll be moving to Full Throttle ASAP.
Full Throttle batteries are absolutely a nice upgrade from lead acid, and we have those in stock right now. However, if the Jeep starts ok, the issue with the remote start feature probably isn't voltage related. I'd recommend popping the cover for the fuse box, and make sure all the fuses and relays are pressed down and fully seated. I've seen this resolve all sorts of odd gremlins. Hope this helps!

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Full Throttle batteries are absolutely a nice upgrade from lead acid, and we have those in stock right now. However, if the Jeep starts ok, the issue with the remote start feature probably isn't voltage related. I'd recommend popping the cover for the fuse box, and make sure all the fuses and relays are pressed down and fully seated. I've seen this resolve all sorts of odd gremlins. Hope this helps!
Will try it first thing tomorrow.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that's the 10' cable. We just recently started shipping the 11' cable. The new 11' cable also has an overmolded backshell that plugs into the port on the battery kit as shown below compared to the 10' cable with the manually assembled backshell.

Jeep Wrangler JL Genesis Dual Battery Kit? Which Batteries Are You Using? How it Saved Your Day Experiences G Screen backshell comparison (Medium)
I just did my install and I have the 10' cable. Knowing it was going to be a bit too short for the suggested route, I found that it's actually quite easy to go up the passenger side via the cowl. There's plenty of slack available when using this route.

Jeep Wrangler JL Genesis Dual Battery Kit? Which Batteries Are You Using? How it Saved Your Day Experiences IMG_0382

The cable can just fit underneath the windshield if you lower it during the install. There is enough padding in the foam so that the cable doesn't pinch too much, and it fits well next to the weatherstripping.

Jeep Wrangler JL Genesis Dual Battery Kit? Which Batteries Are You Using? How it Saved Your Day Experiences IMG_0386

I think it turned out great. The JL G Screen install video by @Genesis Offroad helped immensely, so thank you for that!

Jeep Wrangler JL Genesis Dual Battery Kit? Which Batteries Are You Using? How it Saved Your Day Experiences IMG_0388

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I just did my install and I have the 10' cable. Knowing it was going to be a bit too short for the suggested route, I found that it's actually quite easy to go up the passenger side via the cowl. There's plenty of slack available when using this route.

Jeep Wrangler JL Genesis Dual Battery Kit? Which Batteries Are You Using? How it Saved Your Day Experiences IMG_0388

The cable can just fit underneath the windshield if you lower it during the install. There is enough padding in the foam so that the cable doesn't pinch too much, and it fits well next to the weatherstripping.

I think it turned out great. The JL G Screen install video by @Genesis Offroad helped immensely, so thank you for that!

glad it worked out for you. 😎

OP
OP
Carolina Jeeper

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Aren't some using this same path as a way to run other accessory cables? Makes sense so long as it's not pinched. I may steal your idea and use it in the future since I'll never drop the windshield for any reason afterwards anyway.
Sponsored