Sponsored

Generally how long from KZS status to delivery?

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
I ordered my fully loaded 2019 JLR on 12/3 from Dave Smith Motors. My vehicle went into KZ status on 2/14, I spoke with someone at Jeep chat yesterday and they had advised that the status is in KZS but my Jeep is at the rail yard in Detroit MI as of 2/21 (the last event they saw in their system) I’m currently on week twelve since I placed my order. I had asked the guy at Dave Smith when I should be expecting to make the drive down there to get my Rubicon and he said he won’t give me an estimated date of delivery until it reaches Hinkle Oregon (I live in Portland Oregon). I’m curious as to how much longer I have until it’s actually delivered. What’s your guys experience been like for the timeframe of being in KZS to actual delivery? Any insight would be much appreciated :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I went KZ S on 2/9... it's gone from Toledo to Kansas City with no ETA.

Wondering myself :) I just asked Jeep Chat and no more information is available since this past Friday... I'd anticipate next update from Dealer tomorrow or Wednesday.

If I had to guess, it's probably about a month to get to the west from your KZ S date, or that's about how long I'm anticipating for mine.... I'm hoping for it 2nd week of March.

I was told before that it's usually two weeks from KZ S for East Coast, three weeks to get it to Texas... four to five weeks to west coast. Clearly some people get theirs a lot faster, but I haven't seen any west coasters get it too much quicker than that four week time frame.

Sounds like it will take you a solid 4 months to get your Jeep. That's crazy. I think I'll be right at 2 months...

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

I went KZ S on 2/9... it's gone from Toledo to Kansas City with no ETA.

Wondering myself :) I just asked Jeep Chat and no more information is available since this past Friday... I'd anticipate next update from Dealer tomorrow or Wednesday.

If I had to guess, it's probably about a month to get to the west from your KZ S date, or that's about how long I'm anticipating for mine.... I'm hoping for it 2nd week of March.

I was told before that it's usually two weeks from KZ S for East Coast, three weeks to get it to Texas... four to five weeks to west coast. Clearly some people get theirs a lot faster, but I haven't seen any west coasters get it too much quicker than that four week time frame.

Sounds like it will take you a solid 4 months to get your Jeep. That's crazy. I think I'll be right at 2 months...
I love this site, but every time I come I get more depressed ... I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel (Jeep Chat says my Jeep is built but in JB status), still no sticker, I keep hoping it could happen quickly but now I see I should expect two weeks or more after fully built before I could considering seeing my new Jeep. Very sad. Still love the site, and appreciate the information I receive here!

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Mine went KZ on about 5/4, loaded on rail 5/5, delivery 5/23 (Southern California).

So...about 19 days from KZ to driveway (was exactly 5 weeks order to delivery... made it through just before retooling shutdown). :jk:

dabial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara, waiting patiently 2023 Rubicon
Mine went KZ on about 5/4, loaded on rail 5/5, delivery 5/23 (Southern California).

So...about 19 days from KZ to driveway (was exactly 5 weeks order to delivery... made it through just before retooling shutdown). :jk:
KZ for me as of 6/12, only going to CT from Ohio so hopefully within two weeks!!! saw phone ring this morning from dealer got hopes up, he had nothing to report was catching up on something...what a tease!!

Sponsored

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Ordered 6/15/19...VIN a week later, Build Sheet a few days after that. Got the Window Sticker 7/3. Called Jeep (not the dealership) to check that status. First guy was miserable...didn't know anything about the process. Ended up just hanging up on that idiot and calling back. Next person was GREAT and very knowledgeable. She (I know, right?)...anyway, she said that after assembly, they travel by train to where the trucks pick them up to deliver to dealerships. She called out some check-points she could see on her computer...when it was loaded on the train, unloaded, etc. Looks like it left Toledo about 7/1 on train. But it won't be loaded on the truck for delivery to the dealership until the truck is full. Jeep has no control over that. High pop areas like SoCal and/or DFW (where I am) are quicker than remote destinations. She wouldn't estimate day of delivery. I found her very helpful. And much of what she said matched what I've read here. So, call for an update. 877-426-5337 And if you get the idiot that I got the first time, hang up on him and call back.

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Ordered 6/15/19...VIN a week later, Build Sheet a few days after that. Got the Window Sticker 7/3. Called Jeep (not the dealership) to check that status. First guy was miserable...didn't know anything about the process. Ended up just hanging up on that idiot and calling back. Next person was GREAT and very knowledgeable. She (I know, right?)...anyway, she said that after assembly, they travel by train to where the trucks pick them up to deliver to dealerships. She called out some check-points she could see on her computer...when it was loaded on the train, unloaded, etc. Looks like it left Toledo about 7/1 on train. But it won't be loaded on the truck for delivery to the dealership until the truck is full. Jeep has no control over that. High pop areas like SoCal and/or DFW (where I am) are quicker than remote destinations. She wouldn't estimate day of delivery. I found her very helpful. And much of what she said matched what I've read here. So, call for an update. 877-426-5337 And if you get the idiot that I got the first time, hang up on him and call back.
Update - still waiting. The dealership estimates early August delivery, which would be just over a month since it left Toledo. My personal feeling, based on nothing, is that it arrives at the dealership this week...which would mean two about two weeks since it left Toledo. The dealership said that would be very unlikely, but that it could happen. So, as Lloyd Christmas said in Dumb & Dumber, "you're telling me there's a chance...."

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
But did you ever get it?
That's the big question.
Sponsored