Sponsored

Generally, at what angle will Jeep roll over?

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Hey all!

I’ve been wondering at what angle I’d most likely roll my Jeep?

First time for me that I’ve been at such an angle in a vehicle and quite honestly I’m not sure I have the guts to go any higher. :whew: But still, just curious.

‘21 JLUR with AEV 2.5 DualSport and 35’s.

Jeep Wrangler JL Generally, at what angle will Jeep roll over? 5F4FC329-B71A-4E1F-8FAA-030A8FD27AF4

Thanks!
Jason
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hey all!

First time for me that I’ve been at such an angle in a vehicle and quite honestly I’m not sure I have the guts to go any higher. :whew: But still, just curious.

Jeep Wrangler JL Generally, at what angle will Jeep roll over? 5F4FC329-B71A-4E1F-8FAA-030A8FD27AF4

Thanks!
Jason
Asking the real questions here.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I don’t think anyone is going to test it out and tell you exactly.
But, it completely depends on the specific vehicle and the way it’s set up.
The lower the center of gravity and more width will be able to handle higher angles. The opposite will flip over more easily.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Wish I could be more help. But I never had the off road pages. I think there’s a lot of variables at play here. Load out, top choice, axle width, wheel backspacing, lift height, wheelbase, flex, etc. I don’t know that there’s any one good number

diezselsmk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Hey all!

5F4FC329-B71A-4E1F-8FAA-030A8FD27AF4.jpeg

Thanks!
Jason

Its a Very old formula that goes way back to the creation of beer

The angle of the dangle X the mass of the a** = the size of the balls in hand.

Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Wish I could be more help. But I never had the off road pages. I think there’s a lot of variables at play here. Load out, top choice, axle width, wheel backspacing, lift height, wheelbase, flex, etc. I don’t know that there’s any one good number
It can depend on if you bounce.
Seen a few gun it, bounce and then roll. It pays to keep the tires on the ground.
I have rolled two vehicles in my life. A baja bug and rail buggy. Both times were without warning and at speed.

I have no idea with a Wrangler as I don't own one but I believe Rons and Joshes advice is the best. I've watched these guys rock crawl and enough King Of Moto events to know rollovers happen at the blink of an eye.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

Deleted member 59498

At the exact angle when the high tire hits a rock that tilts the weight in a negative way than you wish?

Sponsored

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I remember when I was teaching off road driving that we had to turn off our RSCA (Rollover Side Curtain Airbags) via a dash button on our stock Toyota Tacomas if we were going to come close to 30°. This was discovered the hard way.

I've seen Jeeps roll but can't be sure they were more or less than that. It was pretty far and the driver knew he was pushing it.

I've been at 28° or so and that was plenty.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Generally, at what angle will Jeep roll over?

It can roll when the center of gravity transfers outside of the outer track of the tires.

Last edited:

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
Far too many variables to determine an exact angle like others have mentioned, such as vehicle setup, terrain, speed, driver, etc. I get uncomfortable over about 15 degrees even though I know it can handle more.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I got my Jeep up to 26° once. It was stable enough to get out and take pictures. I rocked it gently, to see if it wanted to tip over. It didn't, but I still think that was just about far enough. In fact, I set my personal limit at 24°. I still have like $50,000 in payments to make on this thing.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all!

Thanks!
Jason
I was, what seemed like on my drivers door, with the wife struggling not to end up in my lap, when my screen said 25. I said this ain’t no 25, so the wife put a clinometer app on her phone and this is what we were actually at..........😳

Jeep Wrangler JL Generally, at what angle will Jeep roll over? FAC3EBE3-7F1D-408A-A3E1-8D16B04F8097

my off road pages stops at 25 which is dangerous, I need a techy dude to check into it before warranty is up next month. More realistically though, since I know “the lift and big tires” caused it ...:facepalm: , I’ll be looking into it myself....:)
Sponsored