Sponsored

General Facts: Torque settings on wheels, oil filter #, etc.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Hey guys. I tried to find these answers on the forum with no luck. So, here are some questions.

I called my local Jeep dealer to inquire about the price and part number for the oil filter on my 2020 JLRU with the 3.6 L V6. I was given the price... $16.02 but they REFUSED to give me the part number. WTF??? I went to Auto Zone and they said what I need is the Mopar Oil Filter # MO-349 for $8.99. I don't know if this is the correct one or not. Anyway, here are a few questions I have:

* Mopar Oil Filter for a 2020 (2018-2019) JL with the 3.6L V6: Part #?????????????????
Also, I am looking for the lb/ft torque settings for the common things we need access to...
* Wheel nuts
* Oil pan drain bolt
* Oil filter element cover
* Hard top bolts (8 of these)
* Door bolts
* I would like to check several of the suspension components to confirm the lb/ft torque settings as well.

I purchased a new torque wrench and I just want to check everything!!! Lol!

Also... yes I am aware of the "Jeep Wave" program where I get 4 oil changes and 4 tire rotations for the next 2 years. Sounds great, but you think I'm gonna waste my time and let these idiots touch my Jeep??? Besides, I called "Jeep Wave" and they stated that I can send in my receipts for my own oil changes and be reimbursed. Has anyone done this?

Thank you!
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm curious on lug nut torque, too. What I found online said ~95 ft lbs but that feels low for M14 wheel studs. Any half ton truck with M14 studs will typically call out 140#

I'm wondering if the lower value is a JK 1/2-20 throwback

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@HealthRebel, @D60

Lug nut torque is 130 ft-lbs for the axels and 59 ft-lbs for the spare.

Hard top bolts and door bolts are 88 in-lbs which is roughly 7.5 ft-lbs.

Find the Mopar lift instructions for most of the suspension specifications. Someone posted them on a thread, but I can’t find them right now...will update if I find it.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Also there's several different posts about oil filter cap & drain plug socket sizes. The correct sockets are 1/2" for the oil drain plug and 15/16" for the oil filter cover. And a 6pt socket is best (and both can be torqued to 18-20 ft. lbs, not much at all just a half turn past snug TBH) :)

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Oil filter cap torque is printed on the cap. Comes out to around 16 ft/lbs I think.

Sponsored

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
Hey guys. I tried to find these answers on the forum with no luck. So, here are some questions.

I called my local Jeep dealer to inquire about the price and part number for the oil filter on my 2020 JLRU with the 3.6 L V6. I was given the price... $16.02 but they REFUSED to give me the part number. WTF??? I went to Auto Zone and they said what I need is the Mopar Oil Filter # MO-349 for $8.99. I don't know if this is the correct one or not. Anyway, here are a few questions I have:

* Mopar Oil Filter for a 2020 (2018-2019) JL with the 3.6L V6: Part #?????????????????
Also, I am looking for the lb/ft torque settings for the common things we need access to...
* Wheel nuts
* Oil pan drain bolt
* Oil filter element cover
* Hard top bolts (8 of these)
* Door bolts
* I would like to check several of the suspension components to confirm the lb/ft torque settings as well.

I purchased a new torque wrench and I just want to check everything!!! Lol!

Also... yes I am aware of the "Jeep Wave" program where I get 4 oil changes and 4 tire rotations for the next 2 years. Sounds great, but you think I'm gonna waste my time and let these idiots touch my Jeep??? Besides, I called "Jeep Wave" and they stated that I can send in my receipts for my own oil changes and be reimbursed. Has anyone done this?

Thank you!
WTF is right, why wouldn't they just give you the part number...I'm guessing corporate would not be happy to hear that they wouldn't provide it to you. Definitely interested in the sending your receipts in for reimbursement answer.

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude

Thank you!
Curious to know if this is true.

Would love to take advantage of this reimbursement.
Sponsored