Sponsored

GECKO Wrangler JL Club

NFWman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grand Cherokee LTD, 2021 JL Rubicon
You'll learn how to drive the manual pretty easy. Back in mid 2000s my sister wanted an Audi TT and back then they only did them in manual. I taught her how to drive a manual in my 89 YJ in a single evening.

she drove it home and shifts gears like a pro fast and furious.

You'll love the manual and it'll be even funner since you are new to the stick
I totally agree…. Once you get used to manual shifting it becomes 2nd nature and you don’t even think about it. 👍
Sponsored

One_off

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2d Gecko Gr + 2021 Rubicon 2 White
Y’all I made a huge rookie mistake. So, I ordered the gecko green Jeep. I ordered it around mid august. When I
I totally agree…. Once you get used to manual shifting it becomes 2nd nature and you don’t even think about it. 👍
Also 1 benefits is the auto start/stop doesn't kick in if you hold the clutch down at a light.
Long lights I put in neutral clutch out, let ess stop. Short light or stop signs I keep in gear and hold the clutch down so it does not auto stop

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
Did you buy that tow hook or have someone paint the stock one?
Bought the factory spray paint, removed the hook and painted it myself. Turned out really nice. It was easy to do when I took off the bumper for the reflector light change

Sponsored

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Matte for me. Fits with the rest of the decals already on it. I was actually tempted to do the equivalent of "surf blue" to match the 4xe colors but figured it wouldn't stand out as well.
There are a couple ways it could be done with the blue for sure. If anyone wants this dual color version I can load it up for ordering as well:

Jeep Wrangler JL GECKO Wrangler JL Club 1631894107444

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
There are a couple ways it could be done with the blue for sure. If anyone wants this dual color version I can load it up for ordering as well:

So is the standard gecko edition an outline and you can see the color behind it or is it a solid color? It would be cool to have something that matches the rubicon emblems, Its matte black in the center and then whatever that red is as an outline.

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband

Could you get a different color than blue like purple?

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
So is the standard gecko edition an outline and you can see the color behind it or is it a solid color? It would be cool to have something that matches the rubicon emblems, Its matte black in the center and then whatever that red is as an outline.
Could you get a different color than blue like purple?
The standard version is cut out anywhere you see green in my sample image. Totally possible to make a standard rubicon version with matte black and dark red. Purple is also a possibility as well as all the other colors in the catalog!

I have loaded up the dual color version here. Matte black with dark red is the combo that will match a standard rubicon:

https://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/JL-JT-Gecko-Edition-2-Color-Decal

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The standard version is cut out anywhere you see green in my sample image. Totally possible to make a standard rubicon version with matte black and dark red. Purple is also a possibility as well as all the other colors in the catalog!

I have loaded up the dual color version here. Matte black with dark red is the combo that will match a standard rubicon:

https://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/JL-JT-Gecko-Edition-2-Color-Decal
do you recommend using something like Rapid TAC to help with positioning and bubbles?

Sponsored

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
do you recommend using something like Rapid TAC to help with positioning and bubbles?
Couple drops of dish washing soap like Dawn in a spray bottle of water works fine.
For something so small, I usually would apply dry, but rapid tac or home-made fluid won't hurt them at all. Just be sure to let everything dry fully before removing the transfer tape.

Sometimes I assemble 2-color versions with clear transfer tape which takes much longer to dry than the paper tape - I need to be able to see thru when combing the colors and the paper tape can be difficult with that. Unless you are real concerned with being able to pick it up and reposition it, I would just use the top hinge method and do them dry.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For something so small, I usually would apply dry, but rapid tac or home-made fluid won't hurt them at all. Just be sure to let everything dry fully before removing the transfer tape.

Sometimes I assemble 2-color versions with clear transfer tape which takes much longer to dry than the paper tape - I need to be able to see thru when combing the colors and the paper tape can be difficult with that. Unless you are real concerned with being able to pick it up and reposition it, I would just use the top hinge method and do them dry.
Thanks again, I just placed my order, I wasn't sure if we had a forum discount or not but Im excited to get these!

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again, I just placed my order, I wasn't sure if we had a forum discount or not but Im excited to get these!
Forum discount is built in. All of my customers come from somewhere that would deserve a code, so I just pre-discount it all.
Sponsored